DYad Jr SALT?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Diad Jr Salt?

Yep
73%
Nope
27%

Total votes: 15

Evil D

DYad Jr SALT?

Post by Evil D »

I know this is probably wishful thinking but I would be all over a Dyad Jr Salt. I don't care what color, you can make it H1 or LC (whichever is more likely to be a reality) and I'm in for at least 2. I have two Dyad Jrs, one in micarta that is so worn I won't carry it anymore, and one in FRN that's like new. If they were regular production and easy to replace I think I'd carry one more often than a Dragonfly just for the fun of having two blades. I know the full size Dyad didn't seem to sell all that well and was pretty expensive but I think if the Jr came in a Salt version it might sell better.
Last edited by Evil D on Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JonLeBlanc

Re: Diad Jr SALT?

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Yeah why not I'm all for lots of knives being made, even if I prob wouldn't buy it lol
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I don’t cheer the Saltification of every existing model, but as the disco’d Dyad Jr. was said to have been so useful, its rustproof reincarnation might well gain a following.

SE HI and PE LC, please, at least as a sprint or exclusive?
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I voted "NO". Not because I'm trying to kill anyone's dream for a new Salt Series knife>> but I've been wanting a full sized Dyad in the Salt Series for quite some time now and I won't be happy till I get the bigger model Dyad in LC200N or better.

A big Dyad in the Salt Series would make a lot of fishermen and outdoorsmen very happy. If they do the bigger Dyad model first then I'll give a green light for a Dyad Jr. Salt.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:47 pm
I voted "NO". Not because I'm trying to kill anyone's dream for a new Salt Series knife>> but I've been wanting a full sized Dyad in the Salt Series for quite some time now and I won't be happy till I get the bigger model Dyad in LC200N or better.

A big Dyad in the Salt Series would make a lot of fishermen and outdoorsmen very happy. If they do the bigger Dyad model first then I'll give a green light for a Dyad Jr. Salt.

The idea of having two blades in one knife is much more appealing to me in a small knife that I'm less likely to really lean on and do hard work with, because the effect that the second blade has on ergonomics won't bother me as much. I'm not opposed to a full size Dyad run or even a new incarnation of it but then I'm dealing with a large knife that I'll be doing "large knife work" with, and the resulting ergonomics become more of a concern for me. For a full size version I'm much more interested in exploring completely different model designs as opposed to just doing an updated run of the same Dyad Jr (as in same tooling which should keep cost down) but with updated steel and stainless hardware.
Last edited by Evil D on Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
~David
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

wrdwrght wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:43 pm
I don’t cheer the Saltification of every existing model, but as the disco’d Dyad Jr. was said to have been so useful, its rustproof reincarnation might well gain a following.

SE HI and PE LC, please, at least as a sprint or exclusive?
Great idea to have h1 for se and lc200n for pe. Best of both worlds in stain proof steel. I think a hawkbill for the se would be cool too, but I have no idea if it's feasible. Wharnecliffe like the original would still be good.

I would absolutely pick one of these up if they did a run.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

This might be a good idea. What I would suggest is that they get rid of the hump on the blades. I have a Japanese made Buck with two blades that is comfortable to carry and to use. The downside is that the thumb holes are right hand only. I think Spyderco could figure this out. Also, there is the option of having both blades on the same end of the knife.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

If you really want it you should probably spell it right :)
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:23 pm
This might be a good idea. What I would suggest is that they get rid of the hump on the blades. I have a Japanese made Buck with two blades that is comfortable to carry and to use. The downside is that the thumb holes are right hand only. I think Spyderco could figure this out. Also, there is the option of having both blades on the same end of the knife.
So, now we’re talking a Dyad that is not a Glesser Dyad?
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

No, a Glesser CQI on the design.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

wrdwrght wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:04 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:23 pm
So, now we’re talking a Dyad that is not a Glesser Dyad?
That's like saying that the "Mona Lisa" is not a DaVinci work of art :rolleyes: No all of the Dyad models are creations of Sal Glesser and I do hope that all the future Dyads will have his name on them as well. Most people don't appreciate the intricate design of the original Dyad or any of the newer ones either for that matter.
I will give my endorsement for a Dyad Jr. in the Salt Series but they also need the C-44 or something equivalent as well.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I voted yes, but really I'd rather have a C44 Salt.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

zhyla wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:48 pm
If you really want it you should probably spell it right :)
If that's the only thing keeping it from happening..
~David
standy99

Re: DYad Jr SALT?

Post by standy99 »

Just a thought, can they make it open from different sides
One blade on each side of the knife....
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

standy99 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:20 am
Unless they change the blade shape, this would mean the hump of the second blade would be sticking out of the spine and into your palm while in use.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Evil D wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:25 am
standy99 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:20 am
Unless they change the blade shape, this would mean the hump of the second blade would be sticking out of the spine and into your palm while in use.
Having used the jr Would prefer the palm than fingers on the jr
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.