Province edge angle

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cambertree

Re: Province edge angle

Post by Cambertree »

Bloke wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:49 pm
Cambertree wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:47 pm
I'll be keeping a close eye on this model, though.
Hey Camber, if first impressions, cutting a little cardboard and dry Ghost Gum end grain are anything to go by ... very, very nice. :cool:
Ha, nice one mate, I was wondering when you'd receive yours. :cool: Looking forward to hearing more. I'll give you a bell after the footy this weekend if you're around. ;)
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Cambertree wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:12 pm
Bloke wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:49 pm
Cambertree wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:47 pm
I'll be keeping a close eye on this model, though.
Hey Camber, if first impressions, cutting a little cardboard and dry Ghost Gum end grain are anything to go by ... very, very nice. :cool:
Ha, nice one mate, I was wondering when you'd receive yours. :cool: Looking forward to hearing more. I'll give you a bell after the footy this weekend if you're around. ;)
Cool! :)

I'll be around and hopefully the Might Bunnies flog the Raiders tonight and the Giants give Richmond a touch up too. Ah, hahaha! :p
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

Bloke wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:25 pm
Cool! :)

I'll be around and hopefully the Might Bunnies flog the Raiders tonight and the Giants give Richmond a touch up too. Ah, hahaha! :p
No worries, speak soon. :)

Those dry Aussie hardwoods are no joke. For our friends overseas, Ghost Gum is about a mid range Oz hardwood, and it tends to rate a fair bit harder than the true Hickories and about twice as hard as English Oak.

And I'll give you a tip - the smart money's on the Richmond Tiges to take the Final this year! :p :D
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Cambertree wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:51 pm
Those dry Aussie hardwoods are no joke. For our friends overseas, Ghost Gum is about a mid range Oz hardwood, and it tends to rate a fair bit harder than the true Hickories and about twice as hard as English Oak.
I think our overseas friends likely wouldn’t believe that it may well take four steel wedges, a ten pound sledgey and half an hour's hard work to split a gnarly old local hardwood railway sleeper, and then, only if you can start the wedges in the first place. :eek:

Good luck using your you beauty "Survival Knife" to baton any dead fall you're likely to find in Oz. Ah, hahaha! :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin