WOW! Thanks Spyderco Warranty and Repair

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SamClemens14

WOW! Thanks Spyderco Warranty and Repair

Post by SamClemens14 »

I just wanted to extend a warm thank you to the Spyderco Warranty and Repair service. I sent in my blacked out, PM2 with a chip and broken tip a little less than a month ago for repair. There wasn't anything inherently wrong with the knife. It was all on me. I damaged the blade while cutting feather sticks for tinder for a campfire. It was dark and I hit an unforeseen rock, probably multiple times, while really digging into a knotty stick. Like I said, the knife didn't have any defects from a production standpoint, just a mishap of my own doing.

Anyway, I sent the knife away with the money to pay for the tip repair, and return shipping. I didn't bother with the chip, because I figured I could sharpen that out over time. After getting notification that my knife was on its way home, I was excited to see how the repair turned out. Low and behold what did I find in the box, but a note from Spyderco with my returned check stapled to it, and a brand new blacked out, PM2, perfect in every way!

I by no means expected such benevolence from the company, since I caused the damage, but boy am I supremely grateful. So, once again Thanks Spyderco for the exceptional customer service!.

If anyone else has similar stories of Spyderco's customer service going above and beyond to satisfy its customers, and want to pay homage, feel free to post your tales here.
JuPaul

Re: WOW! Thanks Spyderco Warranty and Repair

Post by JuPaul »

Nice! I've only used the warrant service once (very recently) and also received a replacement at no cost to me. Was very happy!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

I sent in a defective PM2 sprint years ago, they fixed the knife, returned the 5 dollar fee with the knife, and had it all said in done in like 2 weeks time. Unbeatable service.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi SamClemens,

Welcome to our forum and thanx for the kind words.

sal