St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bagsnatcher
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:08 pm

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby bagsnatcher » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:36 pm

murphjd25 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:16 pm
5-by-5 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:01 pm
I missed this. Payday is the 25th for me.

Ive been checking the exchange to see if there's any douche flippers yet.
You can have one on the exchange already for the basement bargain price of $300!!
Yikes.

User avatar
Pelagic
Member
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 pm
Location: East Coast/Nomadic

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby Pelagic » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:33 pm

murphjd25 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:16 pm
5-by-5 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:01 pm
I missed this. Payday is the 25th for me.

Ive been checking the exchange to see if there's any douche flippers yet.
You can have one on the exchange already for the basement bargain price of $300!!
So they went down $100? Impressive!
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?

murphjd25
Member
Posts: 2183
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Bothell,WA

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby murphjd25 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:35 pm

Pelagic wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:33 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:16 pm
5-by-5 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:01 pm
I missed this. Payday is the 25th for me.

Ive been checking the exchange to see if there's any douche flippers yet.
You can have one on the exchange already for the basement bargain price of $300!!
So they went down $100? Impressive!
Was he originally asking $400?
Josh

User avatar
Pelagic
Member
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 pm
Location: East Coast/Nomadic

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby Pelagic » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:36 pm

murphjd25 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:35 pm
Pelagic wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:33 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:16 pm
5-by-5 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:01 pm
I missed this. Payday is the 25th for me.

Ive been checking the exchange to see if there's any douche flippers yet.
You can have one on the exchange already for the basement bargain price of $300!!
So they went down $100? Impressive!
Was he originally asking $400?
Absolutely. I guess it sold. It was up before they were available.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?

SLOSpyder
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 12:20 pm

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby SLOSpyder » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:41 pm

This knife is simply amazing.

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby TkoK83Spy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:25 pm

I just got home and WOW...this thing is an absolute beast, a tank!! Always thought the Manix was fairly heavy duty, this thing is on a whole different planet! I honestly feel like I could use it as a hatchet haha.

My first knife with contoured handles, feels amazing! Though the G10 isn't as grippy as I expected, definitely not a problem. Very comfortable grip with or without the choil. Gave it 3 passes per side on the UF rods, 1 pass on the strop and the edge is scary to touch. Action felt a bit gritty and didnt soften up after repeated opening/closing. Took it apart and it was a bit dirty around the washers. Cleaned them up and a bit of lube added, MUCH smoother now.

Amazing how it makes the Manix I carried today feel like a baby knife. It's probably a bit over built for my typical warehouse duties, but it's still going to be great to use.
Currently have 17 :spyder: 's in 13 different steels.

-Rick

User avatar
Vivi
Member
Posts: 6308
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 am

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby Vivi » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:28 pm

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:25 pm
I just got home and WOW...this thing is an absolute beast, a tank!! Always thought the Manix was fairly heavy duty, this thing is on a whole different planet! I honestly feel like I could use it as a hatchet haha.

My first knife with contoured handles, feels amazing! Though the G10 isn't as grippy as I expected, definitely not a problem. Very comfortable grip with or without the choil. Gave it 3 passes per side on the UF rods, 1 pass on the strop and the edge is scary to touch. Action felt a bit gritty and didnt soften up after repeated opening/closing. Took it apart and it was a bit dirty around the washers. Cleaned them up and a bit of lube added, MUCH smoother now.

Amazing how it makes the Manix I carried today feel like a baby knife. It's probably a bit over built for my typical warehouse duties, but it's still going to be great to use.
It made the Manix feel like a baby because you were carrying the baby version of the Manix :D

In all seriousness these look awesome. 4V Shamans make a lot more sense than Lil Natives too.

DukeNiemand
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:01 am

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby DukeNiemand » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:35 pm

Vivi wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:28 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:25 pm
I just got home and WOW...this thing is an absolute beast, a tank!! Always thought the Manix was fairly heavy duty, this thing is on a whole different planet! I honestly feel like I could use it as a hatchet haha.

My first knife with contoured handles, feels amazing! Though the G10 isn't as grippy as I expected, definitely not a problem. Very comfortable grip with or without the choil. Gave it 3 passes per side on the UF rods, 1 pass on the strop and the edge is scary to touch. Action felt a bit gritty and didnt soften up after repeated opening/closing. Took it apart and it was a bit dirty around the washers. Cleaned them up and a bit of lube added, MUCH smoother now.

Amazing how it makes the Manix I carried today feel like a baby knife. It's probably a bit over built for my typical warehouse duties, but it's still going to be great to use.
It made the Manix feel like a baby because you were carrying the baby version of the Manix :D

In all seriousness these look awesome. 4V Shamans make a lot more sense than Lil Natives too.
I was also shocked by the weight. It's advertised at 5.2oz, but it feels about 2oz than my Manix 2 XL. It feels very - for lack of a better word - dense. Now I just need to fidget with it for a few hours to break in the action. :)

Image
Attachments
Screenshot_20190923-213412_Photos.jpg

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby TkoK83Spy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:41 pm

If you've got the Torx bits. Save yourself the time and take off the non clip side scales. 3 screws, a nice cleaning, a little lube and your good to go! Under 10 minutes time.
Currently have 17 :spyder: 's in 13 different steels.

-Rick

DukeNiemand
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:01 am

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby DukeNiemand » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:53 pm

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:41 pm
If you've got the Torx bits. Save yourself the time and take off the non clip side scales. 3 screws, a nice cleaning, a little lube and your good to go! Under 10 minutes time.
Absolutely. Planning on doing that in a few minutes actually. The fidgeting is just an addiction :D

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 4780
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby Sharp Guy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:32 pm

Oh yeah...I forgot I received my Shaman today. With everything going on I set it on my work bench after work and never opened it. I'll be back shortly....

OK...I like it much more than I thought I would. The action's dialed in perfect right out of the box. The one I handled previously wasn't nearly as nice. It's a lot of knife for me but that's a good thing
Last edited by Sharp Guy on Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

Peacedivision
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:31 am

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby Peacedivision » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:33 pm

Image

All in the family :)

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby TkoK83Spy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:35 pm

^^nicely done!! You were prepared at your computer/phone/tablet for all of these. That's a rare sight to see.
Currently have 17 :spyder: 's in 13 different steels.

-Rick

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby TkoK83Spy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:48 pm

Sitting around with my knives tonight and comparing them, I'm honestly very surprised that the overall length of the PM2 is longer than the Shaman. Handle lengths are almost identical, but the PM2 blade is slightly longer. Granted the Shaman handle and blade are thicker, I didn't think they were that close in size. Handle comfort definitely goes to the Shaman!!

Was going to pass on the Crucarta...but my god, this feels so nice in the G10, the additional softness of Micarta will be incredible.
Last edited by TkoK83Spy on Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently have 17 :spyder: 's in 13 different steels.

-Rick

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 4780
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby Sharp Guy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:50 pm

Peacedivision wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:33 pm
Image

All in the family :)
^ I was just going to post a family pic like this. You beat me to it! Well done!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

Peacedivision
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:31 am

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby Peacedivision » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:17 pm

^ we can always use more pics! :)

User avatar
JuPaul
Member
Posts: 803
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby JuPaul » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:23 pm

Peacedivision wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:33 pm
Image

All in the family :)
So jealous... :p
Be excellent to each other. - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

SLOSpyder
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 12:20 pm

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby SLOSpyder » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:34 am

Man. That para 3 is nice

User avatar
curlyhairedboy
Member
Posts: 1501
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:01 am
Location: Southern New England

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby curlyhairedboy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:11 am

so nice to see a bunch of new shaman fans :D
Spyderco Collection: Always in Flux...
Southard, PITS, Shaman, CF S90v Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, Spyderhawk H1, Squarehead LW, Smallfly G10, UKPK, Calendar Para 3 LW, CRUCARTA Shaman, Hawkbill Dragonfly 2 H1
40th Anniversary Native
Would like to own again: Lil Native, Sheepsfoot Caribbean
Wishlist: Kapara, Lil Chokwe, Tanto PM2, Sage 5 LW, Shaman Sprints!

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: St Nicks Knives Exclusive 4V Shaman - Available 9/19/19

Postby TkoK83Spy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:00 am

Been using this bad boy all morning, and I honestly LOVE IT! I had a feeling I would, it's nice to finally jump on board the Shaman bandwagon. This thing is incredible, it's definitely in a different class than most of my Spyderco knives in terms what it's capable of. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary in my warehouse type of work today, but it just feels like it wants to do more. The heavy blade and extremely sharp edge is great, i basically just rest it across the top of a package and the weight of the blade itself cuts through the packaging tape. I've been using it without gloves in areas where other people aren't around, just to test how great the grip is and with those contoured handles...amazing! The weight hasn't been an issue carrying in pocket, and also surprisingly isn't a pocket hog either. I fit my phone in the same pocket no problem. I'm a bit giddy over this thing at the moment :D

Resized_20190924_120207.jpeg
Resized_20190924_120033.jpeg
Currently have 17 :spyder: 's in 13 different steels.

-Rick


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: curlyhairedboy, Doeswhateveraspidercan, Google [Bot], helix99, jpm2, MSN [Bot], Spydergirl88 and 24 guests