POLL: ENDELA: Who has already bought / will / will maybe / will not get one?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

ENDELA: Who has already bought / will / will maybe / will not buy one?

YES, got one, it´s great
16%
YES, got one, it´s ok-ish
2%
YES, got one, not really for me
No votes
YES, will certainly get one
6%
Thinking about getting one, not sure yet
21%
NO, not interested in the VG10 model but YES; certainly in variants (steel...)
14%
NO, not interested in the VG10 model but MAYBE in variants
10%
NO, not interested at all in that model
30%

Total votes: 154

JMM

Re: POLL: ENDELA: Who has already bought / will / will maybe / will not get one?

Post by JMM »

I seem to remember having contacted one of them at one point... Ich glaube, sie waren Deutsche

Do you recall their name/website off hand? I'm trying to find someone to make me some scales micarta for my old Resilience...

By the way, you live in an amazing country, I spent some time in Innsbruck, a couple times actually, one of my favourite places on any continent.
Wartstein

Re: POLL: ENDELA: Who has already bought / will / will maybe / will not get one?

Post by Wartstein »

JMM wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:15 pm
I seem to remember having contacted one of them at one point... Ich glaube, sie waren Deutsche

Do you recall their name/website off hand? I'm trying to find someone to make me some scales micarta for my old Resilience...

By the way, you live in an amazing country, I spent some time in Innsbruck, a couple times actually, one of my favourite places on any continent.

Ja, Cuscadi ist eine deutsche Firma! ;) (Yes, Cuscadi is a German custom scale maker) - here https://cuscadi.de/?s=tenacious you can see some scales they made for the Tenacious, they can certainly do the same for the Resilience...

/ Thanks! Yes, for me personally Austria (the Western part of it, where the Alps are high...) is the best place to live of all in the world :)
I´ve lived in Innsbruck for about 1.5 years, I liked it a lot, but Salzburg (where I was born and raised and always lived except the time in Innsbruck) is even better for me. GREAT mountains (and mountaineering...) but the city is not so "closed in" by mountains as Innsbruck is, there is still more open sky, and in one direction even open, rather "flat" country with beautifull lakes and more mellow rolling hills, while in the other directions there are more rocky, steep mountains, so one has more to choose from... ;)

Do you plan to return to Innsbruck or Austria generally someday? If so, be sure to let me know! :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)