Can we let it go?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TkoK83Spy

Re: Can we let it go?

Post by TkoK83Spy »

p_atrick wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:03 pm
I really like this forum because it is an overwhelmingly positive place with tons of great information, advice, experience that I just can't find elsewhere. When threads take a turn towards the antagonistic, I find myself wanting to avoid them altogether. And that really sucks when it happens in a thread that I want to follow.

Never click a thread thats title references S30V steel, BBS, Para 3 issues for pocket clip position...those are just a couple subjects I can think of off the top of my head that usually turn into a mess.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

p_atrick wrote:
I really like this forum because it is an overwhelmingly positive place with tons of great information, advice, experience that I just can't find elsewhere. When threads take a turn towards the antagonistic, I find myself wanting to avoid them altogether. And that really sucks when it happens in a thread that I want to follow.
This is where I'm coming from, everyone. Of course I can avoid a thread that's getting nasty, but I sure wish I didn't have to. Just thinking about the shiny footprints thing, and trying to turn the mood around a bit.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:14 pm
p_atrick wrote:

Never click a thread thats title references S30V steel, BBS, Para 3 issues for pocket clip position...those are just a couple subjects I can think of off the top of my head that usually turn into a mess.
You think that's controversial? Try CPM 3V or liners. Holy COW. If you want a strong folder you're obviously a retard that should get a fixed blade. And if you want 3V, about 5 people will tell you "well, I don't PRY with my knives, so..."
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:52 pm
p_atrick wrote:
This is where I'm coming from, everyone. Of course I can avoid a thread that's getting nasty, but I sure wish I didn't have to. Just thinking about the shiny footprints thing, and trying to turn the mood around a bit.
You can avoid an entire city with this mentality. At some point you have to show some optimism and maturity. Just rise above it. Just like the legend "Crichael Misty" says, "after several hours of meditation, the truth will find you".
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

I think a great way to "Let it go" is to ACTUALLY let IT go. The thread has been moved to an admin-only area until I have time to go through it. Generally speaking, self-moderation is a fantastic thing in our community. I don't enjoy having to step in and sometimes, I'm not available, so it is appreciated when everyone takes responsibility for their own actions/words.

On that note, this topic is closed.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.