Para 2 Lightweight?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Catamount123

Para 2 Lightweight?

Post by Catamount123 »

I can’t imagine this NOT being in the works. Anyone seen or heard anything?
I don't get people who only carry one knife :thinking ;)
Wartstein

Re: Para 2 Lightweight?

Post by Wartstein »

I have heard nothing, but you are right of course: A Paramilitary 2 LW HAS to be in the works...

I mean, they figured out how to implement a comp. lock in almost linerless FRN, would just have to transfer that technology from the Para 3 LW, BD1N seems to be a good steel that many like or want to try (maybe in a larger folder than the Para 3) - a homerun, I'd say!

Plus, every Paramilitary collector would want one, probably.

Maybe from a sales standpoint it even makes sense to wait till a time when people generally are even more willing to lay money down. Like before Christmas or somerhing.

I won't get one though... compression lock, you know... ;) :rolleyes:
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
anycal

Post by anycal »

Don't know, but sign me up!

I have no problem with the existing model, but there are plenty of activities a LW model would fit right in for me.
Peter
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

In the past, Sal has mentioned that Eric has been working on one.

:spyder:
-Nick :bug-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:52 pm
In the past, Sal has mentioned that Eric has been working on one.

:spyder:
Yep! It's been quoted somewhere in the Bombshell thread. I think it was also mentioned after one of the Amsterdam meets
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
rbb2

Post by rbb2 »

I'd certainly be in for one of these - I am very impressed with the P3 LW, and the price is tough to beat.
brainfriction

Post by brainfriction »

I'd buy one, action and fit/finish on my para 3 is great. I'd love a PM2 that weighs under 3 oz.
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

I thought this was speculation for a new Para 2 model (which doesn't exist). It's curious why Spyderco put a number at the end when each model has a different name. Why not just call them Military, Paramilitary, and Para?
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

BigGrove wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:23 am
I thought this was speculation for a new Para 2 model (which doesn't exist). It's curious why Spyderco put a number at the end when each model has a different name. Why not just call them Military, Paramilitary, and Para?
Originally it was just the Military and the smaller Paramilitary. Then, much like the Delica 4, Native 5, Salt 2 etc, the Paramilitary went through some design changes and became the Paramilitary 2. It was the introduction of the Para 3 that threw things off. It was introduced as its own unique model, a smaller yet Paramilitary, but for some reason they tacked on the number 3. There are those that call it the Paramilitary 3, including some from Spyderco, even though it’s separate from the Paramilitary 2 model. What will happen now if the Paramilitary sees a 3rd incarnation, or if they do some redesign to the Para 3 (a Para 3-2?) leads to some interesting issues haha.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.