Pacific Salt in LC200N?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Catamount123

Pacific Salt in LC200N?

Post by Catamount123 »

Haven't seen anything about this lately. Hopefully, it will be in the next reveal. I'm looking forward to this model with a FFG blade. I'm also hoping it will be a ”2” version, with Endura 4 scales.
I don't get people who only carry one knife :thinking ;)
Calicoast

Re: Pacific Salt in LC200N?

Post by Calicoast »

Catamount123 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:56 pm
Haven't seen anything about this lately. Hopefully, it will be in the next reveal. I'm looking forward to this model with a FFG blade. I'm also hoping it will be a ”2” version, with Endura 4 scales.
Sounds good to me!
But did you mean the Endura 3 handle?
:)
I haven't logged on in awhile, and this post made me log on. Not going to be too picky, but out of any knife - this just needs to happen yesterday. It will be a really nice companion to my Jumpmaster 2 / Waterway.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Last I heard Sal talking about it, he said it would use the Endura 3 handle. Though with how long its been and the Salt 2 using the D4 handle, that could have changed.

I'd like to hear news on it either way!
:unicorn
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Hoping to see this in the next reveal! Also, hoping for a pointier tip than the current Pacific Salt.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I hope it’s the same handle as it is now. Same blade shape. Just FFG. The Endura’s handle could use a tad more depth. The Pacific’s is perfect.
- best wishes, Jazz.
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

Jazz wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:28 am
I hope it’s the same handle as it is now. Same blade shape. Just FFG. The Endura’s handle could use a tad more depth. The Pacific’s is perfect.
This. And please make a Salt 2 too.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Hoping for the current handle too
Danvp

Post by Danvp »

I am certainly in for a Pacific Salt LC200N. My two favorites atm are the Pacific SE and Spydiechef. It’s a no brainer for me. Either handle is fine. Love the current Pacific handle though.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

The Caribbean and WaterWay, because they are so good, have lessened the interest I once had in an LC200N Pacific Salt. I like the Pac Salt just fine in H1 and don’t think it can be improved with LC200N, even in PE, if H1 is taken to 10DPS. I already doubt LC200N serrations can be taken to the hardness of H1 serrations.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:06 am
Hoping to see this in the next reveal! Also, hoping for a pointier tip than the current Pacific Salt.
Not me! I'm headed for rough seas next job. A pointy tip could either break off or possibly cause me to accidentally stab myself. I appreciate the salt series knives that have more of a sheepsfoot blade.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
vivi

Post by vivi »

wrdwrght wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:02 am
The Caribbean and WaterWay, because they are so good, have lessened the interest I once had in an LC200N Pacific Salt. I like the Pac Salt just fine in H1 and don’t think it can be improved with LC200N, even in PE, if H1 is taken to 10DPS. I already doubt LC200N serrations can be taken to the hardness of H1 serrations.
For me the biggest draw of an LC200N Pacific Salt is the full flat grind. I've grown used to the saber grind in mine but I've always wanted a FFG version.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

If they make the handle like the Salt 2, it'll be a lot more than just an Endura handle swap ordeal. There is much more going on with the Salt 2 handle than just the shape, it's a completely different FRN mold than a Delica.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Vivi wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:27 pm
wrdwrght wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:02 am
For me the biggest draw of an LC200N Pacific Salt is the full flat grind. I've grown used to the saber grind in mine but I've always wanted a FFG version.
I shared your FFG interest but the Caribbean satisfied it. If and when an LC200N Pac Salt materializes, I’ll be curious what you think.

Catamount123

Post by Catamount123 »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:06 pm
If they make the handle like the Salt 2, it'll be a lot more than just an Endura handle swap ordeal. There is much more going on with the Salt 2 handle than just the shape, it's a completely different FRN mold than a Delica.

That's true, for one thing, it's a little thicker than the D4 handle. Maybe because of the lack of liners? In any case, I like the added thickness on my Tasman Salt 2, and think it would also be good on a Pac Salt 2.
I don't get people who only carry one knife :thinking ;)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Catamount123 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:22 am
Evil D wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:06 pm

That's true, for one thing, it's a little thicker than the D4 handle. Maybe because of the lack of liners? In any case, I like the added thickness on my Tasman Salt 2, and think it would also be good on a Pac Salt 2.

The scales have a lot of male/female molding on the inside that nest into each other when put together that make the handle a lot more rigid than the current Pacific handle which is just a flat slab on the inside. They're similar to the Native Lightweight handles.
~David
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

As much as I love how the Salt 2's handle feels - weight and thickness, I'd prefer it was solid. Too many places for crud to build up in there. I'm also pretty sure I'll get a newer Pacific anyway, but I'd sure prefer the same handle it has now. Too many people agree for it to be changed. FFG with serrations will be swell, I tell ya, and it's still a good thickness to be strong. I'm excited thinking about it.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Jazz wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:44 am
As much as I love how the Salt 2's handle feels - weight and thickness, I'd prefer it was solid. Too many places for crud to build up in there. I'm also pretty sure I'll get a newer Pacific anyway, but I'd sure prefer the same handle it has now. Too many people agree for it to be changed. FFG with serrations will be swell, I tell ya, and it's still a good thickness to be strong. I'm excited thinking about it.

That's a good point. It's interesting how this issue seems to be deliberately addressed on the Caribbean, the scales nest inside the skeletonized liners so that the inside of the handle is completely smooth. I don't recall looking inside the Salt 2 handle once it was out together to see how many holes were left. At least it's a simple knife to take apart and clean.
Last edited by Evil D on Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~David
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Yeah, that nesting of scales inside the liners’ holes makes the Caribbean that much more evolved.

Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Interesting, but that would add weight to an otherwise light knife. Some like heavier, but I love lightweights to be just that. Maybe I’m crazy. I’m curious how a Pacific and Caribbean fare side by side weight wise.
- best wishes, Jazz.
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Jazz wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:17 pm
Interesting, but that would add weight to an otherwise light knife. Some like heavier, but I love lightweights to be just that. Maybe I’m crazy. I’m curious how a Pacific and Caribbean fare side by side weight wise.
The Pacific Salt is 3 oz. and the Caribbean leaf is 4.2oz. The Caribbean honestly feels very light in hand, lighter than it really is.

The Caribbean has really become my go to knife especially if I don’t know what I’ll be using my knife for that day. Like I have said before the Caribbean can do it all.
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”