Shout out to DLT Trading!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DSH007

Shout out to DLT Trading!

Post by DSH007 »

I've ordered from them a handful of times prior, but I just wanted to take a quick minute to share my experience with DLT Trading this week..

First.. I ordered the DLT M390 Para 3 Exclusive on Tuesday with the free shipping option. I received confirmation/tracking details the day of the order and my knife arrived on Thursday. In my experience, this is about the fastest shipping in the game without paying crazy money for overnight shipping.. (The knife is a fantastic piece btw, but that's not really the point of my post..)

Second.. On Thursday, I saw that DLT had the Kapara in stock (which has been on my radar for a long time.. and out-of-stock pretty much everywhere since..). I placed my order around 10 am on Thursday morning, using rewards points and the free shipping option. Every other order that I've placed with DLT shipped out day-of, but as of yesterday evening, I still hadn't received a shipping notification on my order. I didn't really think much of it and figured I see something the next day. Well, today came and almost passed by and I still hadn't received a shipping notification. I emailed DLT late-afternoon today, saying that with my previous orders I noticed shipping notifications usually came on the day of the order, and joked that I "half expected the knife would be here tmrw (Saturday)." I told them that there was no rush, but I was just wondering why the status of my order was still "awaiting fulfillment." As it was late in the day Friday, I really didn't expect a response.. Not 15 min after my email was sent, I received a reply from Jordan at DLT, apologizing for the delay and letting me know that my Kapara would be overnighted via FedEx, for Saturday delivery, and a tracking number was provided.

I've used DLT Trading for a handful of my knife purchases in the past few months and they've been great.. but after my experience today, I have to say, they will be my new "go-to." Excellent customer service and a real class-act operation they have there. It's alway nice when a company goes out of its way to please a customer. I'm very impressed with their customer service and I'd highly recommend ordering through DLT. Just wanted to share that here..

I figured because I ordered Spyderco knives it was ok :), but if this is the wrong place for this thread, please feel free to move it..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
soc_monki

Re: Shout out to DLT Trading!

Post by soc_monki »

Now that's customer service! Nice to see that these days!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Agreed! I've only had good experiences with DLT. Excellent company.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Yes indeed, always nice to hear of upgraded shipping being generously given! If I may take this opportunity (and not at all to steal from DLT's thunder) to say that KnifeWorks has done the same for me in the past. Those little things go a loooong way to earning repeat business ;)
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
JaxBaron

Post by JaxBaron »

Awesome to hear. DLT is my go to. Jordan has always been really help.
FullFlatMind

Post by FullFlatMind »

My experiences have been the same and they are my go to for knives.
yoteslayer

Post by yoteslayer »

Ordered my Kapara from DLT yesterday be here in the morning. Oh yeah!😁
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:04 pm
Yes indeed, always nice to hear of upgraded shipping being generously given! If I may take this opportunity (and not at all to steal from DLT's thunder) to say that KnifeWorks has done the same for me in the past. Those little things go a loooong way to earning repeat business ;)
Agreed on Knifeworks as well. Also seems like a great company. I had one little snafu with them because of a website description that hadn't been updated, but they responded to my email quickly, paid for the return shipping on the incorrect item, and sent me the correct one right away. Mistakes can happen with any business, but it's how well that business resolves them that matters to me.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

Yes DLT (and Jordan) have been excellent for me to deal with as a overseas customer. I will continue to support and recommend them. Two Thumbs up
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

after this first time ordering my para 3 m390 went so well and fast i will be ordering more.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I've ordered a few Spydercos from them. One went missing during shipping (not their fault, the shipper's fault) and was never delivered which DLT took care of pronto. Jordan has always been excellent with communication and responding to questions I've had. They tend to sell stock quicker than elsewhere ... I guess there is a reason for that.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
MrMatnenko

Post by MrMatnenko »

my first purchase abroad. I'm from Ukraine 🇺🇦. Thank God we have now an international shipping company, supporting purchase in USA. Less then a week, my new Spyderco is in my pocket!!! Two days from DLT to company warehous. There days to Ukraine.
happiness look like ⬇️ :spyder:
Last edited by MrMatnenko on Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

DLT in my opinion, has By Far the fastest shipping and best customer service out there. They are always my first option. Very good folks.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Resurrection thread...but I don't want to miss a chance to give DLT some love, they have always gotten my order shipped either same day or next business day and have one of the best selections out there with great customer service. Not to mention the rewards...

There are some other great dealers out there as well and I use them also, but DLT is deservedly always in the conversation for best knife site.
So it goes.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Airlsee wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:58 pm
Resurrection thread...but I don't want to miss a chance to give DLT some love, they have always gotten my order shipped either same day or next business day and have one of the best selections out there with great customer service. Not to mention the rewards...

There are some other great dealers out there as well and I use them also, but DLT is deservedly always in the conversation for best knife site.
My thoughts exactly.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

MrMatnenko wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:51 am
my first purchase abroad. I'm from Ukraine 🇺🇦. Thank God we have now a shipping service, including purchase in USA. Less then a week, my new Spyderco is in my pocket!!! Two days from DLT to service warehous. The way to UA.
happiness look like ⬇️ :spyder:
GO UKRAINE!

DLT is a good business. I've used them many times.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
JMM

Post by JMM »

Yeah, always had great experiences with DLT. Keep it up guys, and please make more Golden models like your DLC S90V PM2 Exclusive a few weeks back, it's fantastic!
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i've never purchased a spyderco from dlt trading, but i recently bought their exclusive 4max scout and it was a great experience. i'd be happy to give them more business.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
SpydieTerp

Post by SpydieTerp »

Nothing but good experiences with them. They are a top-notch outfit. I've never had to interact with their customer service, which is exactly how I prefer it. I do wish that the filtering options were available on every page, but they do have the all-valuable "In Stock" filter, which every site should use. If I know exactly what knife I want, they're the first place I check.
Current collection: Bow River, Chaparral Raffir Noble XHP, Dragonfly ZDP-189, Lil' Native M4, Manix 2 LW 20CV, Native 5 LW SPY27, Native Chief M4, Para 2 S30V, Para 2 20CV, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 33 DLC CRU-WEAR, Para 3 Maxamet, Salt 2 SE, Shaman S30V, SpydieChef LC200N, Tenacious S35VN
Recent purchases: Shaman S30V
On the radar: Caribbean Sheepsfoot
Lost: Delica 4 LW (stolen), Native 5 LW S110V (kept by TSA screener / refused to mail)
Wishlist: Shaman Micarta
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

As an international customer, DLT Trading is one of my favorite online knife shops.