Shout out to DLT Trading!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DLTJordan

Re: Shout out to DLT Trading!

Post by DLTJordan »

Glad to hear it, guys!
Leksy

Post by Leksy »

It would be great if DLT allow shipping to Russia, even with the costly USPS Priority. I have no problem getting orders from SFO and other dealers like WMK, KnifeJoker etc..
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Ordered from DLT for the first time on Thursday night, knife was shipped on Friday, in California Sunday morning, should be delivered to my house Monday. Didn't even select a 2-day shipping option - just USPS Priority. Vey happy.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
kobold

Post by kobold »

DLT trading is my default US shop for a decade now.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I've been buying a lot from DLT lately, mostly because they're pretty quick with shipping but also because those points add up. I got $20 off the last knife I bought using points. It's not much but it's more than I get from other dealers and with the shipping being quicker than most it's an easy choice.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

For me it is really very simple. DLT frequently offers exclusives that I want plus they are reliable and fast. Sooo... I buy.
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Love their reward program, and they’re so close to where I live so shipping is quick. Them along side KnivesShipFree are my my go-tos at the moment. I especially love the extra goodies they throw in, stickers etc.

Wish I could’ve gotten the smallfly from them, but oh well. I’ll spend my points on some lynch clips when they come back around.
Last edited by Abyss_Fish on Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Abyss_Fish wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:52 pm
Love their reward program, and they’re so close to where I live so shipping is quick. Them along side KnivesShipFree are my my go-tos at the moment. I especially love the extra goodies they throw in, stickers etc.

Wish I could’ve gotten the smallfly from them, but oh well. I’ll spend my points on some lynch clips when they come back around.
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Whoa, weird duplicate.
Lightly insane.

SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

I shouted out loud last time DLT released a Para 3 and their website went down. I ended up not getting one because I was at work and didn't have time to sit and refresh the website.
Almost all dealers ship same day if ordered early enough. USPS deserves the credit for actually getting the orders delivered so quickly.

DLT isn't doing anything special.
DLTJordan

Post by DLTJordan »

SSD_777 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:11 pm
I shouted out loud last time DLT released a Para 3 and their website went down. I ended up not getting one because I was at work and didn't have time to sit and refresh the website.
Almost all dealers ship same day if ordered early enough. USPS deserves the credit for actually getting the orders delivered so quickly.

Did you have a bad experience?
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

In my experience, DLT has been above average in performance.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

SSD_777 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:11 pm

Yeah I dunno if it's differences in shipping choices or maybe where the dealer is located but with say Knife Center or BHQ for example it's sometimes 2 weeks before I see my order. With DLT it's almost never more than about 4 days or so. They may not be doing anything special but they're certainly doing something right.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
z1r

Post by z1r »

In addition to some real nice exclusives at reasonable prices, I think DLT does do something better than most; they ship same day on every order I have placed. Other retailers sometimes take several days or more just to generate a shipping label. So, while the carrier ultimately has control over when a package arrives at the destination, the amount of time it takes a retailer to get that parcel to the carrier does also affect delivery time.

DLT has been awesome so far and I've acquired several really nice knives at very attractive prices. In fact, I think I may need another 20CV Zome DF2!
Trav64

Post by Trav64 »

Bought a few things from dlt, really happy with them and I love the rewards program, even though its just fueling my addiction lol
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I just looked at my order history and its crazy to see that I have had 25 orders from DLT over the past few years! :eek: And in that time I have had zero complaints. Excellent customer service the maybe two times I have needed to do a return (both on Bark Rivers...not Spydies!).

Love their exclusives as well and I have never once not been able to get one I wanted during a drop.

A++++++

DLT is my default go-to dealer assuming they have what I want in stock. I have 4 things in my cart there right now as it is! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQdkEQhNzvU ... =copy_link

This appears to be entirely accurate.
Lightly insane.

Jason Paul

Post by Jason Paul »

A few months ago I place an order with DLT and another with KnifeCenter about 30 minutes apart.

I received the "Your order has shipped!" emails from them about 20 minutes apart; either the same or next day.

I received both orders on the same day.

So in my case with this one "test", the shipping between DLT and KnifeCenter was practically the same.

On both orders, I requested they check for blade centering. The order from DLT had a hand-written note on the packing slip that said "Best we had!" or something similar; and the centering was spot-on by the way (Dragonfly 2 Salt SE).

So - I got good service from both, but with a little more personal service from DLT. It also looks like the rewards program from DLT is a little better. I generally like to spread business around when I'm getting good service from more than one company, so I'll probably keep ordering from both.

That said - I just placed an order with DLT a few hours ago. :-)
Jason

Current Rotation:
Pacific Salt 2 PE (H1)
Spydiechef
Stretch 2 (K390)
Chaparral LW
Dragonfly 2 Salt SE (Bonus 2nd blade!)