Shout out to DLT Trading!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DSH007

Shout out to DLT Trading!

Postby DSH007 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:57 pm

I've ordered from them a handful of times prior, but I just wanted to take a quick minute to share my experience with DLT Trading this week..

First.. I ordered the DLT M390 Para 3 Exclusive on Tuesday with the free shipping option. I received confirmation/tracking details the day of the order and my knife arrived on Thursday. In my experience, this is about the fastest shipping in the game without paying crazy money for overnight shipping.. (The knife is a fantastic piece btw, but that's not really the point of my post..)

Second.. On Thursday, I saw that DLT had the Kapara in stock (which has been on my radar for a long time.. and out-of-stock pretty much everywhere since..). I placed my order around 10 am on Thursday morning, using rewards points and the free shipping option. Every other order that I've placed with DLT shipped out day-of, but as of yesterday evening, I still hadn't received a shipping notification on my order. I didn't really think much of it and figured I see something the next day. Well, today came and almost passed by and I still hadn't received a shipping notification. I emailed DLT late-afternoon today, saying that with my previous orders I noticed shipping notifications usually came on the day of the order, and joked that I "half expected the knife would be here tmrw (Saturday)." I told them that there was no rush, but I was just wondering why the status of my order was still "awaiting fulfillment." As it was late in the day Friday, I really didn't expect a response.. Not 15 min after my email was sent, I received a reply from Jordan at DLT, apologizing for the delay and letting me know that my Kapara would be overnighted via FedEx, for Saturday delivery, and a tracking number was provided.

I've used DLT Trading for a handful of my knife purchases in the past few months and they've been great.. but after my experience today, I have to say, they will be my new "go-to." Excellent customer service and a real class-act operation they have there. It's alway nice when a company goes out of its way to please a customer. I'm very impressed with their customer service and I'd highly recommend ordering through DLT. Just wanted to share that here..

I figured because I ordered Spyderco knives it was ok :), but if this is the wrong place for this thread, please feel free to move it..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..

soc_monki

Re: Shout out to DLT Trading!

Postby soc_monki » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:24 pm

Now that's customer service! Nice to see that these days!
Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam
Kershaw : Tone, Cryo, Cryo 2, Thermite, Atmos, Natrix 7007cf, Natrix 7008cf, Bareknuckle 7777, Bareknuckle 20cv, Concierge
Zero Tolerance : 0566CF, 0770CF, 0770GRYBW, 0562CF, 0470, 0456CF, 0095BW, 0801TI
Ontario : Rat 1
CRKT : Caligo
Civivi : Plethiros, Baklash
Cold Steel : AD10
Benchmade : 810-1401 Contego, 15080-2 Crooked River, 15080-Custom Crooked River
Buck : 110, Bucklite 422, 110 LT
Artisan : Tradition

JuPaul

Postby JuPaul » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:58 pm

Agreed! I've only had good experiences with DLT. Excellent company.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

JonLeBlanc

Postby JonLeBlanc » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:04 pm

Yes indeed, always nice to hear of upgraded shipping being generously given! If I may take this opportunity (and not at all to steal from DLT's thunder) to say that KnifeWorks has done the same for me in the past. Those little things go a loooong way to earning repeat business ;)
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara

JaxBaron

Postby JaxBaron » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:18 pm

Awesome to hear. DLT is my go to. Jordan has always been really help.

FullFlatMind

Postby FullFlatMind » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:37 pm

My experiences have been the same and they are my go to for knives.

yoteslayer

Postby yoteslayer » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:58 pm

Ordered my Kapara from DLT yesterday be here in the morning. Oh yeah!😁

JuPaul

Postby JuPaul » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:49 pm

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:04 pm
Yes indeed, always nice to hear of upgraded shipping being generously given! If I may take this opportunity (and not at all to steal from DLT's thunder) to say that KnifeWorks has done the same for me in the past. Those little things go a loooong way to earning repeat business ;)
Agreed on Knifeworks as well. Also seems like a great company. I had one little snafu with them because of a website description that hadn't been updated, but they responded to my email quickly, paid for the return shipping on the incorrect item, and sent me the correct one right away. Mistakes can happen with any business, but it's how well that business resolves them that matters to me.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

husq2100

Postby husq2100 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:48 pm

Yes DLT (and Jordan) have been excellent for me to deal with as a overseas customer. I will continue to support and recommend them. Two Thumbs up

rabbitanarchy14

Postby rabbitanarchy14 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:24 am

after this first time ordering my para 3 m390 went so well and fast i will be ordering more.
In-Possession - Para 3 S35VN, Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native S30V comp B, Manix 2 M390 BR, MKM Voxnaes Isonzo N690Co, Benchmade 555HGBlu, Ontario Rat 2 Gr G10
On-Deck - Manix 2 Cruwear, Urban AEBL, Brouwer, Cat BD1N, Lil Native compression 20CV/M390, Dragonfly 2
Loved Steels - Cruwear, M390 Family, S35VN, BD1N, XHP, S30V, N690Co

cycleguy

Postby cycleguy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:49 am

I've ordered a few Spydercos from them. One went missing during shipping (not their fault, the shipper's fault) and was never delivered which DLT took care of pronto. Jordan has always been excellent with communication and responding to questions I've had. They tend to sell stock quicker than elsewhere ... I guess there is a reason for that.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”