a little (REC) help for down under

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JacksonKnives

Re: a little (REC) help for down under

Post by JacksonKnives »

stockliman wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:12 pm
yablanowitz wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:09 pm
stockliman wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:21 am
Rec's suggestion is to use a freight forwarder. I've had this argument with them. They seem not to care about anyone accept US customers. Poor customer service in my opinion, but hey, it's their business. They can obviously afford to leave the cash on the table for thousands of potential customers.
Lose a few expensive knives to Customs in other countries and have to eat the cost, you'll decide pretty quickly that it isn't worth the risk to ship overseas. It may seem like poor customer service to you, but it may be basic business survival to them.

This is a myth. I'm not aware of a single knife going missing to thousands of buyers in the past 3 years. Yes, there may be a customs holdup, but the local guys have each other covered on processes to have incorrectly seized knives released.
Be thankful you don't live in Canada.
I've only lost one, but my brother has a few times IIRC.
Enforcement/interpretation is totally discretionary, and the officer who would take your knife because he or she thinks it's a threat to national security does not care (or feels glowing pride) if you tell them it's collectible/special/your favorite kind of knife for peeling apples.
tbdoc4kids

Re: a little (REC) help for down under

Post by tbdoc4kids »

If it seems too good to be true....