Cutest knife that I ever bought

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pancake

Cutest knife that I ever bought

Post by Pancake »

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

So cute
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Wartstein

Re: Cutest knife that I ever bought

Post by Wartstein »

C U T E ??? Maybe in SIZE, but it is a real workhorse, I can tell you... ;) Go and try it on some harder wood, and/or in various bushcraft tasks, you´ll be amazed what that cutie can do...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

You are very right Warstein, it is a killer cutting machine. Blade stock thickness (more like thinnes) and FFG makes for excellent little workhorse.
What a desing!
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Pancake wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:40 am
You are very right Warstein, it is a killer cutting machine. Blade stock thickness (more like thinnes) and FFG makes for excellent little workhorse.
What a desing!

Yep, it´s amazing... really, I like to bring it much like an additional, very usefull little tool together with a bigger knife when doing some bushcraft / fire making and so on.. and then often times find myself using the Chap more than the bigger fixed blade...
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
FullFlatMind

Post by FullFlatMind »

cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Yep, this one has that "super slicey magic" going on with it. Don't know if it is due to the cts-xhp or the blade thickness or both.

Cutest "No"! That honor goes to the switchblade in the 25 cent gumball machine. Yep.. the one we all tried to get and lost our months allowance doing so. Those were the days... but Chaparral days are grand too.

Enjoy

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

So how do you keep the pic from rotating? Original is oriented correctly. Pic gets automatically flipped to its side when posted. Anybody?
Attachments
IMG_1207.JPG
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

Test

Edit:
I usually use an image hosting site to post but out of curiosity I tried using the attach option and it worked fine.

Just out of curiosity was the photo originally shot horizontally and then rotated on your phone with an image viewer?

Edit #2:
I downloaded your photo and rotated (also fixed the exposure ;)) using image editing software on my phone and it worked. My guess is that however it is being rotated (assuming it's on your phone) is just telling your device to show it vertically and not actually changing the orientation of the photo.
Attachments
PSX_20190730_202125.jpg
PSX_20190817_115431.jpg
PSX_20190817_115431.jpg (55.87 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
Last edited by bbturbodad on Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
-Turbo
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

bbturbodad wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:23 pm
Test

Great pic, and not only for a "test" ;)
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:27 pm
Great pic, and not only for a "test" ;)
Wow that was a quick response! ...and Thanks!

The photo itself wasn't a test but attaching it with the forum tools was. ;)
-Turbo
tjsblade

Post by tjsblade »

In 2012 I bought my first Spyderco. It was an original version Chaparral in G10/CF and with S30v blade. Never used it a lot as it turned in to my "dress up" knife but it led me to eventually sell off all the other manufacturers that I owned and keep an ever rotating collection of Spyderco models. Still have the original Chaparral though. As much as I love some of my other Spydies I do wish they would make more models in a thinner blade stock. It is a real slicer.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

bbturbodad wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:23 pm
Test

Edit:
I usually use an image hosting site to post but out of curiosity I tried using the attach option and it worked fine.

Just out of curiosity was the photo originally shot horizontally and then rotated on your phone with an image viewer?

Edit #2:
I downloaded your photo and rotated (also fixed the exposure ;)) using image editing software on my phone and it worked. My guess is that however it is being rotated (assuming it's on your phone) is just telling your device to show it vertically and not actually changing the orientation of the photo.

Nice work! The photo was shot with an iphone SE with the phone in the vertical position. I emailed the picture to myself and downsized it in the process. Then, at my laptop moved it from my email to my desktop (photo still in the vertical position), then used the forum attachments tab to upload the file (which rotated it 90). I also did a drag and drop and ended up with the same result (rotated 90).

CG
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

XHP! Mmmmmmmm good!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Naperville wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:02 pm
XHP! Mmmmmmmm good!
Definitely the one thing I miss about selling this knife. Such a great and underrated steel.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:49 pm
Naperville wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:02 pm
XHP! Mmmmmmmm good!
Definitely the one thing I miss about selling this knife. Such a great and underrated steel.

The ONLY thing, if I may ask?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

When I think of a cute little knife I think of my Manbugs.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050