Spyderco Sticker Woes

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
justjohn

Spyderco Sticker Woes

Post by justjohn »

As of late I have not been receiving any Spyderco Stickers with my knife and accessory purchases. I received an order today and one this past April. The merchandise was what I ordered, but no stickers. Let me be upfront and say I am an OpFocus person and I do appreciate the generous discount I am afforded. Maybe because of this, others that pay the higher price are given the stickers; or maybe it is a cost cutting practice? I had planned to start a Spyderco Sticker Collection but it doesn't appear that will happen. I welcome any information regarding the stickers. P.S. I tried not to come across as as whiny. :D
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
Evil D

Re: Spyderco Sticker Woes

Post by Evil D »

I don't think I've ever got stickers with a purchase. I've got them with catalogs and calendars.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I got one when I ordered a replacement clip for my Police 4. It's the only sticker I have.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
jdw

Post by jdw »

The Meat man wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:26 pm
I got one when I ordered a replacement clip for my Police 4. It's the only sticker I have.
Me too. I have only received one if I ordered something directly from SFO.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

I didn’t get any this go around as well from golden, kind of bummed.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

I ordered a replacement clip for my delica straight from Colorado....no sticker
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I bought 85 knives, all different manufacturers, and I can count on one hand the number of stickers or other items (extras) that I received and I bought them all direct from retail. Note that in some cases they advertised extras, and they included them, but I was not looking for anything additional.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

I've not got a solitary sticker from any seller. Granted, I really want knives, so...
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I've got a whole bunch of stickers from exclusive purchases, but none from Spyderco or any production models.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I may be wrong but I think the sticker thing is dependent on what they have on hand at the time. I know one time I ordered something from the SFO and asked politely if they could add a sticker or two and I was told they didn't have very many at the time. I did receive a couple with my order and was really grateful but I got the feeling they don't always have them.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Spyderco has stickers? I've never received one packed with a knife. Stickers are cool, sometimes I'll put them on water bottles, tool boxes, or on equipment where someone will see it in the distant future, and scratch his head wondering who put it there.

As far as swag goes, I'm a bigger fan of t-shirts. I just checked the Spyderco web site, and found t-shirts for thirty bucks. You know how I got to the spot where I can buy any knife I want? By not squandering my cash on thirty dollar t-shirts. Come on, Spyderco, get real. If I'm going to be a walking billboard, I'm not going to take it in the shorts for the privilege.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:13 pm
I've not got a solitary sticker from any seller. Granted, I really want knives, so...
Seems like a relatively inexpensive advertising tool. After all, a clip sticking out of a pocket doesn't get a casual observer to think, "****, I'd better look in to buying one of those Spyderco knives!" A sticker or t-shirt might.

So as I sit here sipping IPA and typing, I look at the stickers (all comped) sitting on my desk, waiting for application in strategic locations. There are:

Troy Lee Designs
Push Industries
Ibis Mountain Bikes
Vintage Motors
California Rifle and Pistol Association
Backcountry Gear
Black Rifle Coffee Company
Crank Brothers
OpenDNS
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

The only time I’ve ever gotten Spyderco stickers is when I picked up an order in person from the SFO. It is nice when manufacturers include stickers with their products. I’ve got the round Magpul stickers coming out of my ears! Makes it easy to give them free advertising because just about everything I have has one of the stickers on it haha.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

I've received stickers from every mule I've purchased this year (15 I think), except the past order. There was a S110V manix2 in the box with the last two mules and sheath, at 1st I thought it was a buy a dozen mules receive 1 free knife.... :D

All has been fixed with the error though. :spyder:
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have a bunch of Spyderco round stickers. What I really want is another Camo sticker. I had the round Camo bug sticker on the back of my truck but after a few years of UV and road salt there wasn’t much left of it.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

RustyIron wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:23 pm
Spyderco has stickers? I've never received one packed with a knife. Stickers are cool, sometimes I'll put them on water bottles, tool boxes, or on equipment where someone will see it in the distant future, and scratch his head wondering who put it there.

As far as swag goes, I'm a bigger fan of t-shirts. I just checked the Spyderco web site, and found t-shirts for thirty bucks. You know how I got to the spot where I can buy any knife I want? By not squandering my cash on thirty dollar t-shirts. Come on, Spyderco, get real. If I'm going to be a walking billboard, I'm not going to take it in the shorts for the privilege.
I'll take em when i can get em, to be honest. I need to order a bunch more, I'm sure they won't be around forever.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

I can't really remember exactly which knives they came with, but I have received Spyderco stickers before.. however, it certainly isn't the norm.

I'm pretty sure I got a Native sticker when I received my Wolfspyder directly from the SFO. I also have a Para 3 sticker somewhere, which I'm pretty sure came with my BBS M390 Para 3. There may have been one or two others, I'll have to check my sticker stash when I get home..

I understand that supplies are limited, inconsistent, etc.. getting a sticker is a nice surprise, but it's definitely not something that I expect with every knife.
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

If only you could just buy the stickers. Received some with the spring sets for the autonomy and when I ordered the forum knife last year. Got one with the catalog too.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

VashHash wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:04 am
If only you could just buy the stickers.
Exactly! If I could buy them I would add one or two to every order, but instead I find myself looking through all the packing paper in the shipping box for a sticker before I even open my knife.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Genotoxic

Post by Genotoxic »

I've got stickers when I asked for some replacement screws without asking but I'm sure if you kindly asked for some Spyderco stickers to be thrown in they'd gladly do it! I mean at the end of the day its pretty much free advertisement right? Unless you're Benchmade... asked them for stickers 3 times when using warranty and never got a single one. Snooze and lose because Spyderco has a sticker on my hardhat and not them.