Is weak detente a warranty issue?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ihped1

Re: Is weak detente a warranty issue?

Post by ihped1 »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:22 pm
rklee wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:12 pm
ihped1 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:05 pm
... Another knife with a weak detent is my cruwear Manix 2 smooth g10. It opened in my pocket multiple times.
Is that the Manix with CBBL? It would be disappointing if the CBBL retention is weak too.
The cruwear smooth g10 manix is cbbl. Mine actually has a really strong detent - I can't shake that one open at all, or my other manix g10. I think the one in question here has a defect.
If I flick my wrist as hard as I can, I can open both my knifecenter and my knifeworks Manix 2s. I can't do this with other Spyderco's except for the Caribbean.
JuPaul

Re: Is weak detente a warranty issue?

Post by JuPaul »

ihped1 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:16 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:22 pm
rklee wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:12 pm
ihped1 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:05 pm
... Another knife with a weak detent is my cruwear Manix 2 smooth g10. It opened in my pocket multiple times.
Is that the Manix with CBBL? It would be disappointing if the CBBL retention is weak too.
The cruwear smooth g10 manix is cbbl. Mine actually has a really strong detent - I can't shake that one open at all, or my other manix g10. I think the one in question here has a defect.
If I flick my wrist as hard as I can, I can open both my knifecenter and my knifeworks Manix 2s. I can't do this with other Spyderco's except for the Caribbean.
Yeah, I can do that on my several of para 3's if I really try. But that doesn't bother me. Now, something weak enough to fall open in your pocket, that concerns me.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.