So what is the hardware on the Native5 Salt made out of?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
lonerider1013

So what is the hardware on the Native5 Salt made out of?

Post by lonerider1013 »

I love my native5 salt. But... the salt2 has a ti clip. The clip on the native5 salkt is magnetic, which makes me figure it is not ti. But what IS it made from? Is it the same as the other native5 clips or is it some rustresistant material? And is the lockbar regular steel like the other natives or is it lc200n too? Just curious as I intend to make this knife my go to, love the native and wanted a more rust resistant one... but beyond the blade am curious what it is made of?
Lonerider
"A fool's blade may be sharper than his brain"
“Learn to ride a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live." - Mark Twain
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: So what is the hardware on the Native5 Salt made out of?

Post by Doc Dan »

It’s a secret.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
C99c

Re: So what is the hardware on the Native5 Salt made out of?

Post by C99c »

Adamantium. Avoid Magneto and you'll be fine.

Just use the knife, it'll be fine. If you want a titanium clip, add one. I recommend MX Gear. I like the one on my Native Salt.

I have a Byrd Cara Cara 2 CE. It's been in the ocean several times over the past few years, in rivers and lakes often and carried IWB in the Georgia summer regularly while hiking and running. The only thing I've ever done is occasionally flush it with fresh water, put a little oil on the pivot and sharpen it. The liners and inner lockbar nearest the blade show a little surface rust. That's it.

I can't imagine that the hardware on the Native Salt is more fragile than that of the Cara Cara 2.
Support Knife Rights. https://kniferights.org/

Don't buy knives from EBAY or AMAZON. There are plenty of good companies that will appreciate your business and don't sell fakes.