Brown Manix

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jdw

Brown Manix

Post by jdw »

I have looked around and I couldn't find a guesstimate for a drop date on these. Spydiewiki says 'distributor exclusive'. I assume these are through Moteng? I hope so because those guys will run a ton and you shouldn't have to worry about the secondary market if you want one.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
SteveMidwest

Re: Brown Manix

Post by SteveMidwest »

jdw wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:49 am
I have looked around and I couldn't find a guesstimate for a drop date on these. Spydiewiki says 'distributor exclusive'. I assume these are through Moteng? I hope so because those guys will run a ton and you shouldn't have to worry about the secondary market if you want one.

It has been rumored, to have been pushed back for a Fall release now. So late September, early October, possibly.
Yes, on the Moteng, but. In January 2017, Moteng North America was acquired by Sportsman’s Supply, Inc. of Fenton, MO, and relocated its warehouse to their state-of-the-art warehouse, there.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I’ve not heard of this. The only brown I knew of was the KC exclusive a while back.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MMGRenovations

Post by MMGRenovations »

I have patiently been waiting for this knife since it was first talked about. I was really excited to see it was going to be available in satin and dlc. I would like one of each. I’m glad to hear it got pushed back. I was beginning to think the idea got scrapped.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:59 pm
I’ve not heard of this. The only brown I knew of was the KC exclusive a while back.
Brown G10 and M390. A couple dealers have it listed as coming soon.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Doc Dan wrote:
It's on the Delivered and Upcoming for 2019 list, too.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Thanks. I’d not heard. This might temp me.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

i think if i have money i might pick it up. does anyone know if the liners are skeletonized or not.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Who is carrying this?

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:11 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Brown G10 and M390. A couple dealers have it listed as coming soon.
Some of those dealers have had it listed as "coming soon" since January or February of this year. I guess "soon" means different things to different people. :D