Wolfspyder?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jdw

Wolfspyder?

Post by jdw »

Who owns a Wolfspyder? I would really like to try one but Ray Mears banner advertising on one side of the knife is a real turn off. On the other hand a scandi grind out of Golden sounds pretty cool. Any feedback would be welcome. Thanks all.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
yablanowitz

Re: Wolfspyder?

Post by yablanowitz »

I have a couple, both factory seconds. Neither has any "banner advertising" aside from the usual designer name common to collaboration models. They are stout little knives, but the compression lock annoys me. Aside from that, it makes a nice whittler.
jdw

Post by jdw »

The amount of writing for a designer sig doesn't look normal to me. Thanks for your answer though. Pretty much sums it up.
--Wovoka
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Nicely made. Stout. Second detente means it has slow action. Small. Big thumb cut-out compromises the grip comfort imho.
jdw

Post by jdw »

Thank ya, sir.
--Wovoka
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

jdw wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:20 pm
The amount of writing for a designer sig doesn't look normal to me. Thanks for your answer though. Pretty much sums it up.
The small blade makes the writing look larger. The knife is smaller than a Delica. The large cutout is necessary for access to the Spyderhole, but it has me reaching for a liner lock every time I try to close it. I wouldn't pay Mears' price, but at Seconds Sale rates, oh yeah.
PStone

Post by PStone »

jdw wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:36 am
Who owns a Wolfspyder? I would really like to try one but Ray Mears banner advertising on one side of the knife is a real turn off. On the other hand a scandi grind out of Golden sounds pretty cool. Any feedback would be welcome. Thanks all.
I own one. It’s one of my favorite Spydercos. It’s a small knife. Smaller than a native, but has a longer cutting edge. It’s one of those small/big knifes. It seems small, but it fits my large hands nicely, and does anything my native will do. Very stout. I’ve put mine through a lot of abuse, and it hasn’t let me down. I did take a chunk of the edge and chipped the tip twice. But they were both fairly simple fixes. It’s even in my pocket today.
dandan

Post by dandan »

I have one. Got it from UK. From Ray Mears site.
Its a lovely knife. A thick blade.
I also have a PM" and a Para 3 in S110v.
The wolfspyder is a smaller knife , but it is a cutter like all the Spyderco knives. I keep them as EDC .

Great knives and the Scandi grind is unique amongst the range.

I love them