So many new exclusives

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cowboyfromhell

So many new exclusives

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

I'm 3 months into collecting spydercos and was wondering if every summer is like this....exclusives dropping like every week it seems!! This is madness...I can't keep up.
steelcity16

Re: So many new exclusives

Post by steelcity16 »

Last few months of last year was like this...then it slowed down the first half of this year...now they are flying out! :D

AMAZING last couple of weeks! A couple of HOME RUNS (Teal 30V Dragonfly, Cruwear Delica, DLC 4V Lil Native), a couple of solid but boring base hits (Para 3s and PM2s), and some strike outs (finally a Native in CRUWEAR, but ruined with smooth G10...just my opinion of course but as someone who has been asking for a CRUWEAR Native for what seems like forever this was a major letdown for them to use smooth G10 and I am having to pass on it.)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:16 pm
Last few months of last year was like this...then it slowed down the first half of this year...now they are flying out! :D

AMAZING last couple of weeks! A couple of HOME RUNS (Teal 30V Dragonfly, Cruwear Delica, DLC 4V Lil Native), a couple of solid but boring base hits (Para 3s and PM2s), and some strike outs (finally a Native in CRUWEAR, but ruined with smooth G10...just my opinion of course but as someone who has been asking for a CRUWEAR Native for what seems like forever this was a major letdown for them to use smooth G10 and I am having to pass on it.)
Have you thought about switching scales with a pp g10 model?

I’m glad to see all the cruwear releases but I really wish KC picked a color for their CW series, even if they stuck with the smooth g10. A forest green smooth g10 would have been pretty cool.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

blueblur wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:23 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Have you thought about switching scales with a pp g10 model?

I'm weird in that I don't like to modify my knives. I only buy knives that I can keep stock and be happy. I'd also be broke if I bought every knife and modified them to my liking! I can barely afford all of the knives I like as-is! :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Yeah last year was like a new Para3 every couple weeks lol
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

There are certainly a lot that have come out or are coming. This is a testimony to Spydercos popularity. I know of know other company besides Case that gets so many requests fir exclusives.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

steelcity16 wrote:
...this was a major letdown for them to use smooth G10 and I am having to pass on it.)
That's KC trying to be consistent with the other Cru-wear models they've done. They all had smooth G10. I don't mind smooth G10 and I don't mind black scales but I really don't want both at the same time :) I also have the sprint run PM2 and Para 3 in Cru-wear so I passed on the KC exclusives.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:23 pm
steelcity16 wrote:

...this was a major letdown for them to use smooth G10 and I am having to pass on it.)
That's KC trying to be consistent with the other Cru-wear models they've done. They all had smooth G10. I don't mind smooth G10 and I don't mind black scales but I really don't want both at the same time :) I also have the sprint run PM2 and Para 3 in Cru-wear so I passed on the KC exclusives.

I get why they did it...I just don't like it! :) Black Peel Ply G10 would have been fine with me as I typically don't buy base model knives outside of the Salts so I don't have many black knives.

Saves me some money anyways. Just bought a couple of the Cruwear Delicas and the Teal Dragonfly before that. Now we have the 4V Lil Native and then hopefully the Cruwear Micarta Shaman and the BHQ Dodo soon! Not to mention the onslaught of Para 3 LW exclusives that is likely going to start very soon! :eek:
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Sprints + Exclusives + New Releases + Discontinued = Second Mortgage

CG
Last edited by cycleguy on Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So many knives - so little funds!!!
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

blueblur wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:23 pm

I’m glad to see all the cruwear releases but I really wish KC picked a color for their CW series, even if they stuck with the smooth g10. A forest green smooth g10 would have been pretty cool.
I like the forest green g10 also. Was thinking Knife Center may have it as they did a smooth forest green g10 native 5 a while back.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Meanwhile, exclusives in Europe......
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
ihped1

Post by ihped1 »

Pancake wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:38 pm
Meanwhile, exclusives in Europe......
UKPK is my favourite knife so the one European exclusive was very welcomed.