St. Nicks Knives Exclusive hint - Lil Native?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

Re: St. Nicks Knives Exclusive hint - Lil Native?

Post by SG89 »

I'm out on this one. But here's some advice that has always worked for me. Go ahead (if you haven't already) make an account with st nicks knives and store your credit card info that way you can check out in seconds when the knife drops. With this small of a run and im sure their server isn't the biggest (looking at you DLT) you will not have time to manually enter your info when you checkout. Set an alarm on your phone for 5min before the drop and keep refreshing the product page til it's available.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I think it looks great but I dont care for coated blades and I don't have much use for blades that small.

I hope everybody who wants one is able to get one. These are gonna go fast!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Haven’t tried the lil native yet. Not sure I really want this combo. Maybe hope for an orange cutlery shoppe one.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:12 am
Notsurewhy wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:44 am
cycleguy wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:14 am
I have a weekly call in meeting at this very time so looks like I'm out unless I fake illness!!!

CG
Video or just a standard conference call?

If no video, mute and multitask!
Yeah, my kids' open house for school is right at this time. Is it weird to shop for knives while sitting on a mini-chair in a preschool classroom? 'Cause I'm gonna find out.
My wife has a privacy screen on her phone. You can’t see her screen unless looking at it straight on, so snoopers next to you can’t spy on you! Helps keep the kids from watching you buy them surprises...
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

JuPaul wrote:
Notsurewhy wrote:
cycleguy wrote:
I have a weekly call in meeting at this very time so looks like I'm out unless I fake illness!!!

CG

Yeah, my kids' open house for school is right at this time. Is it weird to shop for knives while sitting on a mini-chair in a preschool classroom? 'Cause I'm gonna find out.
I think it's okay since it's a small knife.
Sober_Survival

Post by Sober_Survival »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:29 am
JuPaul wrote:
Notsurewhy wrote:
cycleguy wrote:

CG

My wife has a privacy screen on her phone. You can’t see her screen unless looking at it straight on, so snoopers next to you can’t spy on you! Helps keep the kids from watching you buy them surprises...

I need this!
There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15.13
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

archangel wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:24 am
Only 350 pieces. Oh dear... :eek: Why so few? They can easily sell 1000 or even the standard 1200pcs of this combo, from what we can learn in this thread alone. This is the only thing I don't like about this super nice surprise.

They probably commissioned this last year and were likely concerned about sitting on a bunch of unsold inventory like what happened when they didn't sell through their first exclusive, the Red G10 Delica. They had to deeply discount those to eventually sell them out. They are a relatively small dealer compared to BHQ and DLT, so even 350 of these is a big risk since no one knew if the Lil Native would be popular or a dud.

On the bright side, if these sell out in a few minutes I would think you will see BHQ add this to their Jade M4 series and maybe Cutlery Shoppe will do an Orange G10 DLC CTS-XHP version.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:19 am

I'm out on this one..

:eek: Why?? I thought the Lil Native was your favorite knife? I thought for sure you would be the first in line!!?! :confused:
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:29 am
JuPaul wrote:
Notsurewhy wrote:
cycleguy wrote:

CG

Gotta look into that!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
archangel

Post by archangel »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:12 pm
archangel wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:24 am
Only 350 pieces. Oh dear... :eek: Why so few? They can easily sell 1000 or even the standard 1200pcs of this combo, from what we can learn in this thread alone. This is the only thing I don't like about this super nice surprise.
On the bright side, if these sell out in a few minutes I would think you will see BHQ add this to their Jade M4 series and maybe Cutlery Shoppe will do an Orange G10 DLC CTS-XHP version.

Both are not an option for me. 4V or nothing. ;)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
SG89

Post by SG89 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:13 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:

I'm out on this one..

:eek: Why?? I thought the Lil Native was your favorite knife? I thought for sure you would be the first in line!!?! :confused:
Car needs some new parts :/
Spydergirl88
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
I'm out on this one. But here's some advice that has always worked for me. Go ahead (if you haven't already) make an account with st nicks knives and store your credit card info that way you can check out in seconds when the knife drops. With this small of a run and im sure their server isn't the biggest (looking at you DLT) you will not have time to manually enter your info when you checkout. Set an alarm on your phone for 5min before the drop and keep refreshing the product page til it's available.
That's a really good idea but I can't seem to figure out how to store my card info with my account. Does St. Nicks let you store credit card info?
-Nick :bug-red
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:51 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
That's a really good idea but I can't seem to figure out how to store my card info with my account. Does St. Nicks let you store credit card info?
Puzzling me too. I even bought something cheap to see if doing that would store my CC info, but nope.
Oh well, I get a cool firesteel.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
SG89

Post by SG89 »

My bad guys, I forgot I used PayPal on that site. On other dealer sites that don't take PayPal I have my credit card stored on them.
Spydergirl88
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I have my CC stored in my Google account on my PC. It all populates when I start to enter the info when I'm using Chrome. No storing it on the dealer sites that way.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:09 pm
I have my CC stored in my Google account on my PC. It all populates when I start to enter the info when I'm using Chrome. No storing it on the dealer sites that way.
I do the same. Although with all the insane data breaches lately, it makes me nervous to store that info anywhere. I have mine set so I still have to enter the CVV number. Only 3 digits to input, but at least all my info isn't out there in digi-land.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
I don’t trust google as far as I can throw their server farm, but Discover has proven to take care of us through multiple breaches and brute force account theft incidents over the years. Not worried about the account being compromised, we and they catch unauthorized activity super quick.
JaxBaron

Post by JaxBaron »

I’m definitely going to try for one. It will be my first lil native if I’m lucky.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I really like the lil Native, overall. The only reason I am not champing at the bit over this one is that it is not a backlock. But this should make anyone a really nice pocket knife to be proud of.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:14 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
I do the same. Although with all the insane data breaches lately, it makes me nervous to store that info anywhere. I have mine set so I still have to enter the CVV number. Only 3 digits to input, but at least all my info isn't out there in digi-land.
I do the same with the CCV. I'm normally the the last person to do this type of thing. Actually started doing it for some of these insane drops. I think it helped because I always manage to get the ones I want
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!