Cru-wear Delica

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Re: Cru-wear Delica

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

I am really digging the blue hue as well. I was just surprised, given how corrosion free my other Cruwear knives have been to this point.

Those clips on the PM2 and P3 are Casey Lynch's, and I think those are the sand blast finish. Can't say enough good things about his clips. And he's a great dude too!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Anyone know of any in stock anywhere? Please PM me if you do so I have time to grab one before the flipper vultures pounce! This is my most carried knife and I am looking for a backup. :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:16 pm
I noticed that my Cruwear Delica is developing a patina quite a bit faster than any of my Golden Cruwear models are. Under basically the same conditions and care. I wonder if the heat treat protocol is is slightly different between Seki and Golden? Anyone else notice this?

Yep, mine is my first CruWear blade to show any corrosion, mine now has a few tiny pits... must have been some moisture trapped under that tape gunk that was on the blade. Oh, Well it's a user anyway, so no problem.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:06 am
Anyone know of any in stock anywhere? Please PM me if you do so I have time to grab one before the flipper vultures pounce! This is my most carried knife and I am looking for a backup. :D
Bento was the last place to have them(at a ridiculous price) that I found when I was shopping for one. eBay is likely your best bet.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

steelcity16 wrote:
Country Knives has at least one:

https://www.countryknives.com/shop-by-d ... -cru-wear/
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

steelcity16 wrote:
Well if it makes you feel any better you can pay flip prices to a spyderco dealer..at least that way you're supporting a real deal dealer..not a flipper.
And they are in stock..

https://www.countryknives.com/shop-by-d ... -cru-wear/
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

awa54 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:56 am
Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:16 pm
I noticed that my Cruwear Delica is developing a patina quite a bit faster than any of my Golden Cruwear models are. Under basically the same conditions and care. I wonder if the heat treat protocol is is slightly different between Seki and Golden? Anyone else notice this?

Yep, mine is my first CruWear blade to show any corrosion, mine now has a few tiny pits... must have been some moisture trapped under that tape gunk that was on the blade. Oh, Well it's a user anyway, so no problem.
I would say mine is more of a patina, rather than pitting. Since my last post on the topic, it has darked some more, but generally stayed in the tip region. And none of my Golden Cruwear models are showing anything similar (my Millie has a very, very light patina from a very wet backpacking trip).
JMM

Post by JMM »

I will offer this up about my experience with Country Knives, while yes, one can complain all day about the fact that they charge the full MSRP, they are a real brick and mortar shop, keeping the number of knives they have on hand is a huge investment monetarily, but I would say most importantly, they really are nice folks, I've called them a couple times and they are all about helping you find what you are looking for and being genuinely cool ppl to deal with. just my2c based on dealing with them online and on the phone.
Last edited by JMM on Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JMM

Post by JMM »

The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

JMM wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:14 pm
I will offer this up about my experience with Country Knives, while yes, one can complain all day about the fact that they charge the full MSRP, they are a real brick and mortar shop, keeping the number of knives they have on hand is a huge investment monetarily, but I would say most importantly, they really are nice folks, I've called them a couple times and they are all about helping you find what you are looking for and being genuinely cool ppl to deal with. just my2c based on dealing with them online and on the phone.
100% agree.
I was in their store last year. It was the first time I was ever in a big brick and mortar knife store and I was there for probably a couple hours wanting to look at and handle everything. Lol. The lady behind the counter (owner's wife I believe) was very nice and graciously allowed me to handle whatever knife I wanted. I'll definitely go there again when I'm next in the area.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
SpyderCuse

Post by SpyderCuse »

JMM wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:14 pm
I can also back this up. I ordered a V-Toku 2 Delica from there when they were first released and I left a note asking if they could send me one with the widest laminate line. They actually called me and described what they had left and basically let me pick the one I wanted over the phone. I'll gladly pay full MSRP for that type of care and concern.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Bumping in hopes that there are some new Cruwear Seki exclusives in the works following this Delica. I'd be in for a handful of Enduras and Dragonflies! Hopefully they rerun the Delica in TiCN coated Cruwear as well!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
dan31

Post by dan31 »

Endura or Endela in cruwear will get my money fast, at least two of each. I'm working myself away from the high carbide vanadium steels. I'm looking for 52100, AEB-L and CPM Cruwear.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:50 pm

I could not resist an endela or endura in cruwear.

PLEASE can we get these and a Dragonfly ASAP?? These are honestly my grail knives above all else! :D
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:48 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:50 pm

I could not resist an endela or endura in cruwear.

PLEASE can we get these and a Dragonfly ASAP?? These are honestly my grail knives above all else! :D
At this point I’d amend my statement above to just Endura; after using the millie as my primary since covid19 hit, I’m becoming accustomed to bigger pocket knives. :D