Cru-wear Delica

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PStone

Re: Cru-wear Delica

Post by PStone »

Shipping notice recieved. Still showing in stock and will let me add 57.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

It was just ordered from Knives Plus Girlfriend is getting it for me, for my 50th Birthday Gift. What a Great Gal!

I have seen others here go exotic and expensive living it up for their 50th but for me this tried and true design in my favorite steel is just perfect. Always wanted to buy a Delica just never had a steel I could go for, until now that is. :)
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I told my wife I was ready for my midlife crisis, but she said no... :(
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Still 26 in stock at KnivesPlus for those who want one. Really surprised these are still around. Might have to grab a few more as they trickle out to the other dealers later this week. I don't really do "backups" and "safe queens", but this is one that I may need to hoard as Delica loving Cruwear Nation member! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Skyemaster12

Post by Skyemaster12 »

Called DLT yesterday and they said these Cruwear Delica's would likely be received today/ based on the tracking info.
Delica G-2 Frn, Para3 s35 Brn, Native 5 M4 Natural, PM2 390 Red, Para 3 390 Red
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:50 am
Still 26 in stock at KnivesPlus for those who want one. Really surprised these are still around. Might have to grab a few more as they trickle out to the other dealers later this week. I don't really do "backups" and "safe queens", but this is one that I may need to hoard as Delica loving Cruwear Nation member! :D
I'm shocked! Maybe people don't know Knives Plus as well. Also the 1 per household limit makes a difference, I'm sure. But given that websites aren't being crashed to get this one, I won't feel bad ordering a second one from DLT. I only have a backup of one other knife, but I think it'll be worth having two of these.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Maybe the red Para3 is stealing it’s thunder and folks are holding out for that. We have been bombarded with great knives recently and many folks may be holding back on certain ones. You can’t buy them all. Well, this blue collar schmo cannot. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:46 am
Maybe the red Para3 is stealing it’s thunder and folks are holding out for that. We have been bombarded with great knives recently and many folks may be holding back on certain ones. You can’t buy them all. Well, this blue collar schmo cannot. :)
You're probably onto something there. And then we also just heard about this (probable) st. Nick's lil' native coming this month. Too many to choose from, now! Luckily I just sold 3 others... ;)
- Julia

steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

In stock at DLT Trading now! I had bunch of points for store credit so I ordered one and added an Emerson Dragonfly to get the FREE shipping. No tax for me in NC is also a plus since some other dealers charge me tax.

Looks like DLT has 85 of these in stock and KnivesPlus is down to 17. Glad everyone is able to get their hands on some CRUWEAR at a reasonable price. And hopefully people will actually use these since they are cheap utilitarian blades and the CRUWEAR hype train will continue to gain steam as more people are able to experience how great of a steel this is. Too many people buy these Para 3 and PM2 runs as "investments" and they collect dust in a safe or drawer with all of their other exclusives, never experiencing the greatness that is CRUWEAR!
Last edited by steelcity16 on Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:22 am
In stock at DLT Trading now! I had bunch of points for store credit so I ordered one and added an Emerson Dragonfly to get the FREE shipping. No tax for me in NC is also a plus some other dealers charge me tax.
Thanks! Got my backup. I'm really curious to see if the color on this matches that emerson dragonfly...
- Julia

ihped1

Post by ihped1 »

Just ordered from DLT.
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Ordered one from DLT as well. Added a CRK microfiber cloth to get me over $99 and free shipping. Looks like DLT also threw in a free handkerchief :)
FullFlatMind

Post by FullFlatMind »

Maybe this has been mentioned already but the specs show a blade thickness of 2mm. Is that correct? The regular Delica is 2.5mm. If so, this thing will be slicey like a Chap but with Cruwear.
bearfacedkiller

FullFlatMind wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:30 am
Maybe this has been mentioned already but the specs show a blade thickness of 2mm. Is that correct? The regular Delica is 2.5mm. If so, this thing will be slicey like a Chap but with Cruwear.
They would need either thick washers or they would have to change the mold for the backspacer. I doubt that it is 2mm.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:36 am
FullFlatMind wrote:
They would need either thick washers or they would have to change the mold for the backspacer. I doubt that it is 2mm.
What about the HAP40 Delica sprint run? I heard that they used somewhat thinner stock on those knives. I know I measured my HAP40 Manbug, and it was 2.0mm thick at the ricasso, despite being advertised as 2.5mm.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
bearfacedkiller

The Meat man wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:41 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:36 am
FullFlatMind wrote:
What about the HAP40 Delica sprint run? I heard that they used somewhat thinner stock on those knives. I know I measured my HAP40 Manbug, and it was 2.0mm thick at the ricasso, despite being advertised as 2.5mm.
Anything is possible. I’ll find out Monday! ;)
-Darby
FK

Post by FK »

I just checked my Delicas with HAP40, M390 and VG-10 all are within 0.001" stock thickness.
The 2mm must be a typo in specs published.
The HAP40 blade grind does appear slightly thinner and that could be why several comments have been made.

Regards,
FK
Last edited by FK on Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

FullFlatMind wrote:
:eek: Not interested in this knife till right now, but if 2mm stock is true, I suddenly would be...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
FK

Post by FK »

Although I carry an Endura every day, to cut my breakfast at local coffee shop, my favorite FRN Spyderco is the Delica.
In the winter the knife is in my front shirt pocket in easy reach for precision cutting.

Just purchased a back-up Delica CRU-WEAR from DLT.

Regards,
FK
FullFlatMind

Post by FullFlatMind »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:13 pm
FullFlatMind wrote:
:eek: Not interested in this knife till right now, but if 2mm stock is true, I suddenly would be...
Right? GP, DLT, and Knives Plus all list the thickness as 0.098" or 2mm.