Spyderco coffee mug

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
anycal

Re: Spyderco coffee mug

Post by anycal »

Nice thick handle is the key. I dislike cups with thin handles that you have to balance while holding. That six-pack above looks like they would work well.
Peter
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

Jazz wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:52 pm
z4vdBt wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:10 pm

What does a flat sided mug look like? Can you post a pic?
Plain Jane...

Got it... I'm tracking now. No curves - convex or concave...

:)
Skunkhunter

Post by Skunkhunter »

Brand new here. I actually bought my first Spiderco (well Wife got it for me) in 2000. Police Mini necklace knife in Ti and Serrated ATS 34 (?) steel. Anyway I got me first "Recent" Bug, the PM2 (2018 forum blade and the Digi G10 Camo) and it fits my hands like a glove! Well I then had to get the Para3. BUT before those two I got a CAT, Tenacious, Alycone, Persistence. I have became a Convert from Emerson (which I still do like), but these Spyderco knives JUST FEEL SO GOOD! Oh yeah, the blades are pretty choice as well.

Anywho, IF Sal and the gang make a new coffee mug, PLEASE make it a SS double walled with lid cup, PLEASE.
Evil can only flourish when good men choose to do nothing. Choose wisely.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Skunkhunter,

Welcome to our forum. Thanx much for the interest and support.

sal
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I would vote for a standard straight sided mug with a large handle. Grown men (or women) don’t need a coffee cup with a dainty little handle that you can only get one or two fingers in. :rolleyes: :p Black with red bug would look really nice i think.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Surfingringo wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:17 pm
I would vote for a standard straight sided mug with a large handle. Grown men (or women) don’t need a coffee cup with a dainty little handle that you can only get one or two fingers in. :rolleyes: :p Black with red bug would look really nice i think.

Hi Lance,

I agree 100%. :spyder:
Skunkhunter

Post by Skunkhunter »

Thank you Mr. Glesser. Now for some background. I spent 20 years in the Military (Air Force) and then followed that with a 25 year career in Law Enforcement, with about 4 years of that being an actual officer while full time employed as a dispatcher at my County Sheriff's Office. Now that I am finally retired for the second AND final time, it is great.

Oh and I want to Publicly thank Mr. Glesse for his OpFocus program that allows Old Retired Rednecks like me to afford our passions. To ME this shows that he is NOT just concerned with that all mighty dollar. Seems to me like he has his head and heart in the right place. Kinda rare in the business world today.

Randy

P.S. Any kind of mug would be appreciated, as would an updated Millie. :)
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Randy,

Thanx for your service. We at Spyderco appreciate our Military and Law Enforcement. The OpFocus program was originated by our Sales manager, Kelly and our Special Products Coordinator, Michael Janich and Eric. We still send Knives to our Military in the Middle East on our lottery program every month and have been since 2003. We make challenge coins and "cop" coins for the same groups. If you'll email your mailing address to me, I'll send you some coins.

sglesser@Spyderco.com

sal
Skunkhunter

Post by Skunkhunter »

Again thank you Sir. It is a pleasure dealing with someone MORE interested in their customers than profits. AND,For the president of a large company to actually interact with his customer base is almost unheard of.

Thank you for your kind offer of a “coin”. Your company actually sent me one of the triangular Support your Military and Law Enforcement coins when I joined the OpFocus program. Just pass along the offered coin to someone serving or retired from them.

Thank you again
Randy
Flizwit

Post by Flizwit »

My idea for a Spyderco Mug. It’s the LW Wire Clip version.
Last edited by Flizwit on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Own: SpyOpera, Kapara, AEB-L Urban, Techno 2, Cat, S30V Dragonfly 2, REC Lil Native, St. Nick’s Lil Native, V-Toku2 Meerkat, McBee, Cruwear Delica.
Previously Owned: CF Caly3 ZDP-189, Sage 1, Lil’ Nilakka
Want: Birdseye Maple Chaparral, Pochi, LC200N Para 3 LW
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Flizwit wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:59 pm
Nice one!
Flizwit

Post by Flizwit »

Enactive wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:06 pm
Flizwit wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:59 pm
Nice one!
Thanks! I thought it would be a cool design, especially for taking camping or backpacking.
Own: SpyOpera, Kapara, AEB-L Urban, Techno 2, Cat, S30V Dragonfly 2, REC Lil Native, St. Nick’s Lil Native, V-Toku2 Meerkat, McBee, Cruwear Delica.
Previously Owned: CF Caly3 ZDP-189, Sage 1, Lil’ Nilakka
Want: Birdseye Maple Chaparral, Pochi, LC200N Para 3 LW
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

^^agreed. Can boil water for soup packs/broth, etc.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I like Snow Peak titanium and think it would be a wonderful foundation for a Spyderco mug!!!

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
cwoods

Post by cwoods »

I like spyderco and I like coffee. Count me in. (Just make sure it comes with some sticker swag).
PM2 52100; PM2 K390; Para 3 Rex 45; Stretch 2 V-Toku2
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

Ooh. I love it. I'm a hardcore coffee guy—roast my own beans and everything.

Miir mugs are awesome. I can have a cup of coffee stay warm on my desk for a couple hours:

With a big red Spyder on there? Oh, yeah…
Skunkhunter

Post by Skunkhunter »

I have a cup almost exactly like that one above, but mine says MANNA on it plus it has a "stopper". Got it at T.J. Max.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

tps3443 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:55 pm
And he could cut 20 degree guides on the bottom rim for those quick edge touch ups via ceramic too!

Call it the Spyderco WAKE UP N’ TOUCH UP COFFEE MUG
That's a fabulous idea!! Most people aren't aware that the bottoms of ceramic mugs make a great alternative sharpener and they actually work pretty decent unless your blade is really battered badly. Or have a ceramic ring on the bottom with one side being "Medium/Gray" and the other side being "Fine/White". That way you could have a coffee mug and a touch up sharpener all in one.

It would also be cool to have one or two of the older/iconic models like a POLICE, HARPY or Delica as a logo on the mug too.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

In addition to a "standard" coffee cup, it would be nice to have an insulated Spydie "travel mug" Always take a cup when leaving to fish in the morning.
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

Tdog wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:38 am
In addition to a "standard" coffee cup, it would be nice to have an insulated Spydie "travel mug" Always take a cup when leaving to fish in the morning.
This is such a huge thing now. I have a Contigo cup I use for hot or cold just because it doesn't spill. So long as it isn't cheap quality I'd buy one.