Use and thoughts on Urban Coyote

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
A.S.O.K.A

Use and thoughts on Urban Coyote

Post by A.S.O.K.A »

In terms of some of the quality issues, my Urban has less than what was discussed in other threads. The back of the tang does stand a little proud to the spring when open, the jimps are fairly smooth, the spydie hole isn't uncomfortably rough, and the tip sits deep enough in the handle to where I'm not going to worry about it for a quite some time. I have a video of my review and cut test of the Urban AEB-L link below

https://youtu.be/V5sRXTOmiig
Every Steel Has Its Appeal :cool:

A.S.O.K.A Edge on Youtube
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Use and thoughts on Urban Coyote

Post by Doc Dan »

Yes these so-called problems were a bit exaggerated. It’s true but life is not finished as nicely as the K3 90 but it is far from being bad. I like this platform for testing new steels because it gives me a knife I will actually use on a day-to-day basis.

Now here’s the thing: when they come out with the slip joint Lil Native, will that make a better folding mule?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
A.S.O.K.A

Post by A.S.O.K.A »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:08 pm
Yes these so-called problems were a bit exaggerated. It’s true but life is not finished as nicely as the K3 90 but it is far from being bad. I like this platform for testing new steels because it gives me a knife I will actually use on a day-to-day basis.

Now here’s the thing: when they come out with the slip joint Lil Native, will that make a better folding mule?
Not sure. Still on the fence about the folding mule. I will say, the Lil Native has that kind of handle ergonomics that fits like a locked in puzzle piece, at least for my size hands.
Every Steel Has Its Appeal :cool:

A.S.O.K.A Edge on Youtube
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

A.S.O.K.A wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:42 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:08 pm

Not sure. Still on the fence about the folding mule. I will say, the Lil Native has that kind of handle ergonomics that fits like a locked in puzzle piece, at least for my size hands.
That is a great analogy. That’s exactly how it fits. The whole design of blade and handle is superb.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050