I want to express my thanks for a great forum.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pelagic

Re: I want to express my thanks for a great forum.

Post by Pelagic »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:39 pm
Couldn't agree more with what everyone has said. I feel especially lucky, since it was around this time last year that I let my vice (alcohol) get the best of me and was having some issues at home and work and would senselessly take out my frustrations on some of the better members we have here. Led to a few warnings and eventually being banned.

I realized all the mistakes I had been making, problems I had been causing and turned myself around, knowing things weren't going to turn out well. I eventually reached out to Kristi and got another shot here, which probably doesn't happen often so I am extremely grateful for that! During my time away, I realized how much I really valued this forum and so many of our members here. Almost feels like an extended family!
Same here. I used alcohol to deal with a death in the family and temporarily posted like an immature s***head. I wasn't banned and appreciate Kristi not rushing to judgement. This is a very good forum, and is the only forum I frequent. I'm thankful for the good vibe here.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Yes I greatly prefer this forum than the other one. Don’t know what happened but it seems like that after blade forums went through their change there was also a change in the whole atmosphere. I’m not knocking blade forums but I just like this particular place much much better.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

jdw wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:11 pm
Nice people. There are a lot of knowledgeable people willing to share that knowledge without insult nor judgement. It is a truly unique forum.
I couldn't agree more, well said.

Also, I always like seeing your avatar and sig line. Woody's the best. :cool: :)
TkoK83Spy wrote: Couldn't agree more with what everyone has said. I feel especially lucky, since it was around this time last year that I let my vice (alcohol) get the best of me and was having some issues at home and work and would senselessly take out my frustrations on some of the better members we have here. Led to a few warnings and eventually being banned.

I realized all the mistakes I had been making, problems I had been causing and turned myself around, knowing things weren't going to turn out well. I eventually reached out to Kristi and got another shot here, which probably doesn't happen often so I am extremely grateful for that! During my time away, I realized how much I really valued this forum and so many of our members here. Almost feels like an extended family!
Pelagic wrote: Same here. I used alcohol to deal with a death in the family and temporarily posted like an immature s***head. I wasn't banned and appreciate Kristi not rushing to judgement. This is a very good forum, and is the only forum I frequent. I'm thankful for the good vibe here.
That's great, well done and well said guys.

What you both said reminded me of this Hemingway quote I read the other day that struck a chord with me:

"There's nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility is being superior to your former self."

Also I have this quote by a wise man written in a place where I can often see it - it describes the atmosphere of the forum well:

"I believe it is the sharing of information and cooperation between humans that has taken us out of the caves, and will bring us to the stars."
-Sal Glesser
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

This is a great forum because we have great people here. :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"