Is the Lil Native Compression Lock Handle Thicker than the Back Lock version?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dreadpirate

Is the Lil Native Compression Lock Handle Thicker than the Back Lock version?

Post by dreadpirate »

I was looking at both and was wondering if the compression lock version of the Lil Native has a thicker handle than the back lock version? I don't have a local store to go to and compare.
Dazen

Re: Is the Lil Native Compression Lock Handle Thicker than the Back Lock version?

Post by Dazen »

It doesn’t matter, comp locks are better! All joking aside, I’d be interested to hear if there is a difference as well.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Ez556

Re: Is the Lil Native Compression Lock Handle Thicker than the Back Lock version?

Post by Ez556 »

I don’t believe so, because the liners are nested and the total thickness of the scale is pretty thin. I don’t see how the G10 on the backlock would have been made any thinner.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

Blade HQ lists both the Compression Lock and backlock as .44”
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

Ez556 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:17 am
Blade HQ lists both the Compression Lock and backlock as .44”
Thanks! I like the wire clip that comes with the compression lock model so that's the direction I will probably take.
Mstach07

Post by Mstach07 »

I have both models. Excluding the clip, they are identical in width.
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

Mstach07 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:26 pm
I have both models. Excluding the clip, they are identical in width.
Do you have a preference for one over the other if I may ask?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I do have a preference. I like Compression lock. But I love Spyderco backlocks. Notice those golden Made backlocks are always really well-made. This is certainly true of a Lil Native. Plus there’s no little tab to whack Your finger when closing the knife.

However this is my own preference and does not mean that there’s something wrong with wanting the compression lock. I like the strength and the bias to close on the back lock, Because I feel safer.
Last edited by Doc Dan on Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Mstach07

Post by Mstach07 »

I like tip down carry. I get that with lock back. I carry on the right side in my back right pocket next to my wallet. The compression is only tip up. However I am a big compression lock fan. I removed the clip on my compression lock model and drop in pocket when I’m in suit and tie for work.
Mstach07

Post by Mstach07 »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:37 pm
I do have a preference. I like Compression lock. But I love Spyderco backlocks. Notice those golden Made backlocks are always really well-made. This is certainly true of a Lil Native. Plus there’s no little tab to whack Your finger when closing the knife.
I realize some have had problems with this tab but I have not. Either model is great. Probably why I ended up with both locks.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Mstach07 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:42 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:37 pm
I realize some have had problems with this tab but I have not. Either model is great. Probably why I ended up with both locks.
I agree that both are great. As They used to say back in the 60s different strokes for different folks.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050