BHQ Manix 2 Back lock email campaign!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul

BHQ Manix 2 Back lock email campaign!

Post by JuPaul »

So, turns out there's a lot of love for the Manix 2 back lock model on this forum. A few other members had the idea that pushing for a dealer exclusive might be the best way for us to see a new version of this model, and given the popularity of the BHQ jade g10 M4 exclusives, this seems like a great place to start and a few of us have emailed BHQ already.

If you'd also like to see this happen, please send an email kindly requesting a Jade DLC M4 Manix Back lock exclusive to Info@bladehq.com. It can't hurt to ask!

I also think it's worth reaching out to other dealers to add this to any series they might have - any ideas? Please include email contact info for your dealer ideas...
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
steelcity16

Re: BHQ Manix 2 Back lock email campaign!

Post by steelcity16 »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:44 am
So, turns out there's a lot of love for the Manix 2 back lock model on this forum. A few other members had the idea that pushing for a dealer exclusive might be the best way for us to see a new version of this model, and given the popularity of the BHQ jade g10 M4 exclusives, this seems like a great place to start and a few of us have emailed BHQ already.

If you'd also like to see this happen, please send an email kindly requesting a Jade DLC M4 Manix Back lock exclusive to Info@bladehq.com. It can't hurt to ask!

I also think it's worth reaching out to other dealers to add this to any series they might have - any ideas? Please include email contact info for your dealer ideas...

I sent an email to BHQ. Thanks for starting this thread. If enough people send emails maybe the Manix Backlock will be resurrected!

I think any of the following would also make great exclusives that would easily sell out for these dealers in a small 600 piece run. All three of these dealers are awesome to deal with as well. These three plus BHQ are my go-to dealers.

Cutlery Shoppe - Orange G10 with DLC CTS-XHP
orders@cutleryshoppe.com (address email to Jeff)

DLT Trading - Tan G10 with DLC 20CV or Red G10 with Satin M390
jordan@dlttrading.com

St Nick's Knives - Red G10 with DLC 4V
greg@stnicksknives.com
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

All sweet ideas! I'll add those to my email list.
- Julia

bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

If BHQ will do the Dodo which is a long discontinued model then i don’t see why they couldn’t do the recently discontinued ManixBL.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

If it were to happen, it’s not something that happens overnight. Expect to wait at least a year before it’s up in the production queue. From my understanding it’s a long list!
-Nick :bug-red
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

I think worth the wait!

Greg from St. Nick's actually responded to my email: "We’ve actually had this suggested before, and are trying to look into the possibilities. Still just a toss up on whether or not they will allow it."

So hey, it could happen, and the more people that email them the better.  
- Julia