Prospects for more Manix 2 backlocks?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

Re: Prospects for more Manix 2 backlocks?

Post by SG89 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:37 am
If BladeHQ does a run of these it will sell out.
If bladehq does a run of any spydie it will sell out. They have found the secret sauce for sure. Excellent promoters and smart to pick m4 as their steel. Which of course you know all about
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Pelagic wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:33 am
I would love a Manix backlock keeping the manix liners. Thinner yet sturdier. There are MORE than enough lightweight options. I love backlocks.
Feeling exactly wat you said.
I was hoping for a backlock manix and i was so glad spyderco did this for all our members on this forum.
But the manix i my mind is a bit different then the one they made.
I tought they would make an exact copie of the original manix but then with an updated backlock.
Now i do not know what to do buy it and love it for the reason spyderco made it for us.
Or let it be because it just isnt what i expected.. really confused about this one :(
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

awa54 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:05 am
The Flash batch concept might be a possible venue for a Manix LB revival... At as few as 250 pieces that would undoubtedly sell through even if the only exposure it got was through the forum.

If this happened I'd think there would have to be fairly strong consensus on what steel and color would be popular. Translucent red and DLC 4V anyone? :D
Like a massdrop exclusive? Not sure exactly how massdrop works, but I think people could start up a survey there to feel out opinions on a color/steel/scale material.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:39 pm
Like a massdrop exclusive? Not sure exactly how massdrop works, but I think people could start up a survey there to feel out opinions on a color/steel/scale material.

Sounds like a plan to me!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:51 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
If bladehq does a run of any spydie it will sell out. They have found the secret sauce for sure. Excellent promoters and smart to pick m4 as their steel. Which of course you know all about

Yep, BHQ is definitely our best hope for an exclusive since they know they can sell out any model. If everyone emails them and lets them know how much you want this we might be able to convince them. But that requires us all to send them an email!! :D

Please send an email kindly requesting a Jade DLC M4 Manix Backlock exclusive to Info@bladehq.com

My one suggestion is that any future exclusive have the aggressive Peel Ply texture rather than the smoother G10 the base version had.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:06 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

Yep, BHQ is definitely our best hope for an exclusive since they know they can sell out any model. If everyone emails them and lets them know how much you want this we might be able to convince them. But that requires us all to send them an email!! :D

Please send an email kindly requesting a Jade DLC M4 Manix Backlock exclusive to Info@bladehq.com

My one suggestion is that any future exclusive have the aggressive Peel Ply texture rather than the smoother G10 the base version had.
Email sent.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Enactive wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:54 pm

Email sent.

Awesome! I have sent a follow up email as well since my original request for this was back in May. I also asked them to do a DLC SE Dodo follow up to their upcoming Satin PE Dodo. :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

steelcity16 wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

Great idea - email sent!
- Julia

JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

steelcity16 wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

Mind if I start a new thread just on this email to BHQ idea? Or you can, if you'd rather. I think more people will see it that way.
- Julia

steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:48 am
steelcity16 wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

Mind if I start a new thread just on this email to BHQ idea? Or you can, if you'd rather. I think more people will see it that way.

Go for it! Power to the people!