2020 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
laker_cj

Re: 2020 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by laker_cj »

StuntZombie wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:57 pm
Forget a calendar, we need a Spyderco photo book.
Wholeheartedly agree! This year is full of tough choices for sure!
My Owned :spyder: - Tasman Salt; Endura; Delica; Embassy; Tenacious; Kitchen Santoku; Yojimbo2; Pattada; SpyderPac; Para 3; Paramilitary 2; Ouroboros; Dragonfly; Squarehead; Ambitious; Ladybug; Kitchen Utility; Cricket; Rescue; Pingo; Native 5; Gayle Bradley Folder; Rubicon; Dice; Remote Release II; Manix; Moran Drop Point; Polestar; Ikuchi; Sliverax; Bow River; Szabo Folder
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Unfortunately I just had too much going on this year so I’m out. Great photos so for everybody. I’m looking forward to getting the calendar. Good luck all!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

laker_cj wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:43 am
StuntZombie wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:57 pm
Forget a calendar, we need a Spyderco photo book.
Wholeheartedly agree! This year is full of tough choices for sure!
I don't envy the folks that have to make the decision, that's for sure!
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
wec12

Post by wec12 »

Forum name: wec12
Model: Ikuchi C242CFP

Chose Ikuchi as the model because it has been in my pocket recently since I got it. When sharpening pencils for my kid, I do not like to use any kind of pencil sharpener; instead, Syderco only! I know it is slower than pencil sharpener, but my method has a character and is really cool, just like the way my dad did!

Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:21 pm
Unfortunately I just had too much going on this year so I’m out. Great photos so for everybody. I’m looking forward to getting the calendar. Good luck all!
I had actually been looking forward to your entry since the contest was announced.
talesk

Post by talesk »

Spyderco Subvert out and about for a hike.

A collaboration piece with Nati Amor, and also favorite Spyderco of 2019. I've carried this knife through the chills of winter, into the rains of spring, and the heat of summer. This knife is massive but as a reward for carrying around it's girthful frame, you have what feels in hand like a fixed blade knife. Robustly constructed and masterfully machined. The thanks to the wide blade, the knife is deceptively slicey despite the 4.0mm thick blade. The knife, after breakin, is as smooth as my customs.

Well done Spyderco!

Haves: Hungarian x5, Firefly x2, Orange Dragonfly 2, Orange Delica 4, Blue Delica 4, Orange Endura 4, Sliverax, Blurple Manix 2 s110v, Burnt Orange Meerkat hap40/sus410, spy dk orange, Pingo orange, Military Fluted Titanium, Lil sub-hilt, para 3 Rex45, friction folder, cricket, techno v1 xhp, spydiechef, slysz bowie, paysan, nirvana, subvert, ikuchi, smock, shaman (4v), shaman (cruwear), drunken, Caribbean (pe sheep)
Wants: parata, kapara
In the mail:
talesk

Post by talesk »

Is the contest upload utility still working ?

https://www.spyderco.com/contests/calendar/

I get errors uploading the high resolution version. I've triple checked file size but it won't work :(

I've tried from two computers and my phone with the same results.
Haves: Hungarian x5, Firefly x2, Orange Dragonfly 2, Orange Delica 4, Blue Delica 4, Orange Endura 4, Sliverax, Blurple Manix 2 s110v, Burnt Orange Meerkat hap40/sus410, spy dk orange, Pingo orange, Military Fluted Titanium, Lil sub-hilt, para 3 Rex45, friction folder, cricket, techno v1 xhp, spydiechef, slysz bowie, paysan, nirvana, subvert, ikuchi, smock, shaman (4v), shaman (cruwear), drunken, Caribbean (pe sheep)
In the mail:
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Should be up for another hour and a half, approximately.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Knifemom117

Post by Knifemom117 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:21 pm
I was looking forward to what you would submit this year! We will miss seeing an entry from you!
talesk

Post by talesk »

The Meat man wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:25 pm
Should be up for another hour and a half, approximately.
Converted to JPEG and it submitted. It didn't like my PNG for some reason.

Thanks!
In the mail:
ikov

Post by ikov »

I love collecting knives, my wife collects plants. So why not marry our two hobbies in a photo? The Spyderco Paysan is a great collaboration between Mr. Rassenti and Spyderco. Same as the photo, I think it is a perfect marriage between a great knife maker and a great knife production company. By the way, I believe the plant is an Echeviera. The photo was taken in our study room which has a big window, the knife and plant was perched on top of our computer chair.

justthetipjon

Post by justthetipjon »

Hello! I chose the original techno for my photo submission. This knife has been a rad companion through out the years and has always seemed to find a solid spot in my daily carry! Love the design and materials on this guy! And it's sporting my favorite blade finish! A real gem from spyderco and one that will always get pocket time! Cheers!

Photo link- https://photos.app.goo.gl/T37rwwwZX4RiXpEY9
attila

Post by attila »

My entry is of my DLT Exclusive M390 PM2 and one of the most fascinating creatures I've ever handled, a 4-4.5" long praying mantis. This one snuck into our house while unloading the car earlier this month, and after some convincing (their surprisingly quick), it stuck around for a few pictures.

This one is the best photo of the lot, and I appreciate the mantis for humoring me during the impromptu photo shoot. I also greatly appreciate Spyderco and DLT for re-running this exclusive PM2, since in an attempt at "financial responsibility," I opted out of the first run. Every time I would see one of these red PM2s was opportunity to kick myself for missing the earlier opportunity, but that has been remedied.

Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

EDIT: Post no longer necessary.
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto