2020 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DutchBlades

Re: 2020 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by DutchBlades »

megdcms wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:11 am
First of all, welcome to the forum! :)
Great picture and the PM3 is a great choice for a knife!

Just wanted to mention the following:
TazKristi wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:43 am

Content Restrictions:

The submission must not contain any copyrighted material (unless you own the copyright).
I believe the phone (iPhone X I think) could void your submission, but perhaps someone could chime in on that just to be sure.
It would be a shame to lose your chance at competing!
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
przemekspce

Post by przemekspce »

Forum name: przemekspce
Model: Pingo Lightweight Orange (C163OR)

I chose Pingo because of its orange color and zero fear factor. It goes on vacation with me for several years and makes everyone smile when he sees it. Even Mr. Octopus smiles ;)

:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

HOTCHOW wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:47 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:40 am
HOTCHOW wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:11 pm
spyderco (22).jpg The "Viper" thrower designed by the renowned Harold Moeller. Spyderco is manufacturing this awesome blade in the nicely balanced 8Cr13MoV and its no wonder why. There is no better thrower design on the market and its easy for any enthusiast to enjoy. Good Luck to all other entries, there is alot of great photos out there. Cheers.

-Kev
That's a great shot, well composed, and it think it captures the character of the knives!
Thanks brother, Its my first year entering so wish me luck. If only I can figure out how to upload the high res on the forum...
Yeah good luck man, and don't worry I'm too dumb to figure out how to upload at all lol
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
HOTCHOW

Post by HOTCHOW »

tap78 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:53 pm
Forum name: tap78
Model: Spyderco Poliwog G-10 (C98G)

Cosmic design and ergonomics of Spyderco Poliwog G10 reminds me a spaceship so this year's entry is in cosmic vibe. In a backgroung is a giant black hole that absorbs other space objects and plays with light and represents Spyderco round hole... maybe because almost all well known designers and Stars of knifemaking sooner or later will cooperate with Spyderco :)

I've noticed you've been a finalist the past four years because (maybe) of your great graphic design work. As a result i'm going to need to pick apart the lighting and its sources in this piece. Gonna have to ding you some points on realism. Lmao. just kidding, Great work as always. You SOB.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Forum Name:
abbazaba
Models:
PARAMILITARY™ 2 BURNT ORANGE CPM® REX® 45 SPRINT (C81GBORE2)
MANBUG™ FRN BURNT ORANGE HAP40 (MBORE)

When the REX45 sprint was released, I was excited to try my favorite model in a new steel... REX45 surpassed my expectations, and became a perfect paring with the Manbug already in my pocket. The storied PM2 is still something to behold after all these years, reborn again in a new flavor to dethrone itself as the king of EDC. Thank you Spyderco :spyder:

tap78

Post by tap78 »

Nice shot... and fine knife set!
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
megdcms

Post by megdcms »

DutchBlades wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:19 am
First of all, welcome to the forum! :)
Great picture and the PM3 is a great choice for a knife!

Thank you so much! :) I've always been a lurker in this forum and this competition finally made me decide to create an account.

DutchBlades wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:19 am
I believe the phone (iPhone X I think) could void your submission, but perhaps someone could chime in on that just to be sure.
It would be a shame to lose your chance at competing!

Hopefully someone can help me regarding this because I tried my best to not include much from the materials surrounding the Para3.
Carlito86

Post by Carlito86 »

Forum name:
Carlito86
Model:
Spyderco Delica 4 grey VG10

This photo has been taken in Italy, at the Lago dei Cavalli of Antrona. Lago dei Cavalli,which is the italian way of saying Horse's Lake, is a really marvelous place.
I always have my spydercos with me,but when I travel I bring always a...classic model,like an old friend. Near the forest I saw these rocks and I really thought how beautifull our world is. And my Delica felt legitimally beautifull even there. I have other 50 spyderco, but somehow I always revert to the classics.

This is no special effect. This is real world and a user and mantained knife.

Last edited by Carlito86 on Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlexBouic

Post by AlexBouic »

New to the forum but a long-time supporter of Spyderco.

Here is my submission for the 2020 calendar.
The knife was gifted to me by a colleague at work and has lots of sentimental value. The design is bold and packs a lot of blade in its compact handle, super thin blade makes it a great slicer, always enjoy carrying this knife:
Forum Name: AlexBouic
Model: C152RN - CHAPARRAL™ RAFFIR NOBLE

ZeeQ

Post by ZeeQ »

I chose this knife for its sheer elegance and its blend of high-tech materials and classic design. The Delica is definitely a classic Spyderco design which appeals to so many. This is IMO the ultimate version of its design.
Forum Name: ZeeQ
Model: DELICA® 4 TI / DAMASCUS - C11TID

Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

Forum Name: Hopweaver
Model: Spyderco Military TI/CF S90V (C36CFTIP)

This picture was taken on an early winter morning after receiving heavy fog overnight. The fog clung to the needles of the Norway Spruce tree creating a beautiful backdrop for my favorite knife. This Military is always with me. It is the perfect combination of S90V steel (my favorite) with the high-strength R.I.L. on the Titanium side and peel-ply textured Carbon Fiber on the show side. It doesn't get any better than this!

:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Forum name: gbelleh
Model: Urban Orange G-10, C127OR

Dracula is carving his Halloween Jack-o'-lantern, but even Dracula can't avoid the strict knife laws in Transylvania. So he's using his non-locking, 2.5" orange Urban to carve his pumpkin. Dracula can always count on his Spyderco Urban to get the job done!
Great pics, good luck to all!

Last edited by gbelleh on Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:bug-red-white
Lumpy620

Post by Lumpy620 »

Well, another year, another calendar contest. :D Thank you again Spyderco for hosting this contest every year. Some great contributions so far! I'd like to throw my hat in the ring this year with the following submission... In Spanish, the word "con" meens "with." So I guess my submission is entitled...

"Spyderco Con-tiki"
Model: C229GM4P, Shaman in CPM-M4/Jade G10
resize 2.jpg
The Shaman is, in the grand scheme of the Spyderco timeline, one of the new kids on the block, and to me is a recipe for a great newer Spyderco classic. Mix the form of the Native series (wait, no hump?! ;) ), the beefiness of the Manix series, sprinkle on a compression lock and contoured G10, and Voila. When the first variant of the model was announced to include CPM-M4 tool steel, I knew I had to have one, as such a solid folder was just begging for the hard use steel. The backdrop to the picture is "Mr. Tiki Man", a hand carved sculpture which my step daughter used to spend her time as a toddler conversing with daily. :D
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

Not 100% sure if the full resolution image got uploaded through the contest entry site as it stopped loading as soon as my file finished uploading, but anyhow here's my entry. Thank you for the chance!

The Lightweight Native 5 has become one of my go to knives whether I'm on dry land, or doing something exciting in the water like SCUBA diving, white water rafting, or swift water rescue at work. Between the ultra light construction, and the splendid LC200N blade steel, this little guy has hardly left my pocket since I got it (regardless of how soaking wet things get). From spreading peanut butter while floating down the river, or cutting some lines and ropes during a water rescue, it can handle it all!
Attachments
DSCF7076Forum3.jpeg
psmith27

Post by psmith27 »

On November 6th 2018 I was out walking my dog with my trusty “beater” knife, the snap-it pictured here. I originally lucked into this knife as a fishing and kayaking blade. The H1 spyderedge soon proved itself so useful that I ended up carrying and using it way more than I ever thought I would. I think this is a bit of a hallmark of Spyderco knives in that they routinely don’t fully reveal themselves until pressed into work. The genius of the snap-it mechanism has led to many unique carry options. I guess in short I love this knife and thought it looked cool amongst the leaves.

Psmith27
Spyderco Salt Snap-it
gumaropa

Post by gumaropa »

I took this picture at Dinosaur Valley State park during one of our rare cold winter days. The creeks freeze there on occasion, and the surface of the moving water gets recorded as "waves" on the bottom of the ice. With me that day was my best hiking companion, the Paramilitary 2 Earth Brown, and along for its inaugural ride one of Sal's best fixed blades - the Temperance 2. Thank you Spyderco and the crew for hosting this contest and good luck to all!
Attachments
Gumaropa_2019_Cal_small.jpg
remnar

Post by remnar »

My submission this year portrays a C20 Baby Wayne Goddard piercing the cap of an Amanita muscaria. The classic design of the late Wayne Goddard and the natural vibrant colors of fall combine to make one of my favorite photos.

remnar

Post by remnar »

I did not look at this thread until after I uploaded my photo. I think I needed to up my game a little. LOL

Great photos everynone! :) :spyder:
Sheepdog77

Post by Sheepdog77 »

I took this photograph of my Spyderco Dragonfly 2 Salt next to an inukshuk stone structure at a lake. As inukshuks have historically been used as "helpers" to guide travelers, I believe Spyderco's Salt series has aided knife enthusiasts and travelers as a tool that they can use near any water source without any fear of it rusting. Spyderco is a true Pioneer. :spyder:

image1 2.jpeg
ihped1

Post by ihped1 »

This is my first Spyderco Calendar submission and I found it really hard to do! The common theme here is Sal. My favourite of these right now is the Caribbean. It has amazing ergos and I really enjoy the spyderedge on it, coupled with LC200N and you have a really great knife. Thanks Spyderco for this great opportunity!

Chaparral LW CTS-XHP
PM2 20CV DLC
Caly 3 HAP40/SUS410
Caribbean SE LC200N
Urban LW K390
Attachments
ihped1_calendar_submission_72dpi.jpg