2020 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Larry_Mott

Re: 2020 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by Larry_Mott »

My contribution to the 2020 Spyderco collander
..oh, did you say CALENDAR? :)

"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

̶W̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶̶ New Calendar is coming 😎
laker_cj

Post by laker_cj »

laker_cj 2020 calendar submisson 72dpi forum post.JPG
My submission for the 2020 Forum Calendar.

My Spyderco collection is pretty diverse and there's not one model that I'm partial to over another, so "all knives matter" in my collection, I'll rotate my carry based upon assumed tasks I could run into throughout the day, and I'll carry 1 or 2 knives on me as 1 knife is none, and two are better than none in my book.

Spydie's pictured: (I'm only missing two as I can't recall the tip of one and the scales of another off hand and didn't write down what I included when setting up this photo). Delica PLKIT1; Navtive C41PBK; Tenacious C122GBBKPS; Tasman Salt C106PYL; Pattada C204GP; Dice C182CFTIP; Ikuchi C242CFP; Remote Release C30SBK2; Delica C11SBK; Polestar C220GPGY (Knife Rights); Para 3 C223GP; Delica C11FPTL; Ladybug LYLS3HB; Silverax C228CFP; Paramilitary 2 C81GP2 scales replaced w/Copper; Tenacious C122GBBKP; Pingo C163PBK; Ouroboros C207GP; Squarehead C193TIP; Strech C90PBK2; Tasman Salt C106SBK; Dragonfly C28PBK2; Ladybug LBKP3; Dragonfly C28FPTL2; Cricket C29GFP; Delica C11FPOR; Rubicon C187CFP; Embassy C121PSBBK; Ambitious C148GP
My Owned :spyder: - Tasman Salt; Endura; Delica; Embassy; Tenacious; Kitchen Santoku; Yojimbo2; Pattada; SpyderPac; Para 3; Paramilitary 2; Ouroboros; Dragonfly; Squarehead; Ambitious; Ladybug; Kitchen Utility; Cricket; Rescue; Pingo; Native 5; Gayle Bradley Folder; Rubicon; Dice; Remote Release II; Manix; Moran Drop Point; Polestar; Ikuchi; Sliverax; Bow River; Szabo Folder
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

My entry is a C75 Kiwi modified and customized by David Yellowhorse. He removed the original scales and the rear bolsters and replaced them with a custom inlaid design in stone and sliver that he called Night Eagle. Photo was taken several years ago on a well weathered tree stump while walking in John Boyd Thacher State Park.

Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

my submission for this year. good luck everyone!

ImageDSC04787-Edit by Travis Raffety, on Flickr

I have always loved high end knives but unfortunately, have never been able to afford one. Thankfully, Spyderco and their collaborations with custom knife makers, make these "high end" knives affordable for the every day guy and gal. The Magnitude is easily my favorite knife to date.

Products featured, Magnitude and Sharpmaker
Last edited by i am travvy on Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

Nice job incorporating the Sharpmaker in your pic. Everyone's pictures look great so far. This calendar is going to be impressive.
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Frozenspyder wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:40 pm
Nice job incorporating the Sharpmaker in your pic. Everyone's pictures look great so far. This calendar is going to be impressive.
Thanks!

Anyone else having issues uploading their images on spyderco's website? its showing an error screen as i hit submit.
laker_cj

Post by laker_cj »

i am travvy wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:46 pm
Frozenspyder wrote:
Thanks!

Anyone else having issues uploading their images on spyderco's website? its showing an error screen as i hit submit.
I did, but realized my file size was a hair over 15mb, resized and resubmitted without issue.
My Owned :spyder: - Tasman Salt; Endura; Delica; Embassy; Tenacious; Kitchen Santoku; Yojimbo2; Pattada; SpyderPac; Para 3; Paramilitary 2; Ouroboros; Dragonfly; Squarehead; Ambitious; Ladybug; Kitchen Utility; Cricket; Rescue; Pingo; Native 5; Gayle Bradley Folder; Rubicon; Dice; Remote Release II; Manix; Moran Drop Point; Polestar; Ikuchi; Sliverax; Bow River; Szabo Folder
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

laker_cj wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:28 am
i am travvy wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:46 pm
Frozenspyder wrote:
Thanks!

I did, but realized my file size was a hair over 15mb, resized and resubmitted without issue.
I’m at 14.9 mb so that shouldn’t be the issue. It’s popping up as “the website could not perform the action” with an error code
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

Try uploading a smaller file and see if it works. The same file can use different amounts of space on a HD depending on how the drive is formatted and the cluster size used. With your file size being so close to 15MB that would be my guess.
-Turbo
Reject

Post by Reject »

The Endura and Delica were in both introduced in 1990.
The year 2020 will be their 30th birthday and it should to be celebrated.

With the Endura and Delica, Spyderco got it right the first time.
Dam near perfect. I purchased a Endura in the early 90s and I still have it today.

But Spyderco listen to their customers and always seem to be looking at new steels, materials and always trying refining their products. So the evolution of the Endura and Delica began, :) 30 years of it.

:o My little collage is certainly not worthy of making the calendar, but I hope it will inspire others to use the Endura and Delica as a theme this coming year 2020 :D to help celebrate their 30th anniversary.
Last edited by Reject on Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How much can a Koala bear?
Wralle

Post by Wralle »

So this year i decided to post the Reinhold Rhino (C210CFP)

There has been the constant hunting of these amazing animals just for their horns.
So i would like to showcase this photo in honor of these amazing animal and this amazing knife.

Matriarch 2, Manix 2 translucent blue, Manix 2 Carbon Fiber CPM154/S90V, Scorpious, PM2 S110V, Para 3 SPY27, Streetbeat FRN, Bug, Chaparral Rafir Noble, Chaparral Ti, Tenacious, Mule Team 21, Domino, Rhino, Spot, One Eyed Jack, Dogtag Ti, Native 5 Fluted CF, Amalgam, Coin 2017 :cool:
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

Nice choice and for all the right reasons.
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
Wralle

Post by Wralle »

GiftedMisfit wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:54 am
Nice choice and for all the right reasons.
Thank you so much
Matriarch 2, Manix 2 translucent blue, Manix 2 Carbon Fiber CPM154/S90V, Scorpious, PM2 S110V, Para 3 SPY27, Streetbeat FRN, Bug, Chaparral Rafir Noble, Chaparral Ti, Tenacious, Mule Team 21, Domino, Rhino, Spot, One Eyed Jack, Dogtag Ti, Native 5 Fluted CF, Amalgam, Coin 2017 :cool:
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
brj

Post by brj »

Quoting a bit Chief Crowfoot, the orange Military is like a breath of a buffalo in the wintertime.

TheArchitect

Post by TheArchitect »

The one knife I always have on me is my Foliage Green VG-10 Spyderco Ladybug. The Spyderco Ladybug is a little big knife that has been more than capable at performing all of my edc tasks. It is pictured here within a cold war era 30mm shell casing of an inert training round I borrowed from my pop. The Spyderco Lady bug packs a wallop for its small stature!
Attachments
Spyderco LadyBug Submission_TheArchitect_8.6.19.jpg
25 :spyder:'s and counting
CommercialDalton

Post by CommercialDalton »

This is a shot of the Spyderco Caribbean that I use while at work offshore. I am a Commercial Diver, and have been for over 12 years. I make sure not to enter the water without my Spyderco Atlantic Salt and Pacific Salt knives on my dive harness. For topside work, I have chosen the Caribbean. With the majority of the materials we cut offshore being fibrous, the Spyderedge is 2nd to none for the job.

Spyder_Flick

Post by Spyder_Flick »

CommercialDalton wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:21 am
This is a shot of the Spyderco Caribbean that I use while at work offshore. I am a Commercial Diver, and have been for over 12 years. I make sure not to enter the water without my Spyderco Atlantic Salt and Pacific Salt knives on my dive harness. For topside work, I have chosen the Caribbean. With the majority of the materials we cut offshore being fibrous, the Spyderedge is 2nd to none for the job.

Great photo, Dalton
My :spyder: : Native 5 LW
Ngati Pom

Post by Ngati Pom »

My son found the antler on a bushwalk and donated his shirt as the background.
The polestar needs more recognition.
'The future is already here;it's just not evenly distributed'
William Gibson