Spyderco Buying Guide article?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderEdgeForever

Spyderco Buying Guide article?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Read this everyone:

https://newsnifty.com/what-are-the-best ... ews/28944/

Very interesting. They have pictures accompanying the text.

Out of the list of knives shown, which would you take if you had to choose one? I would go with the Endura 4 combo-edge.
JonLeBlanc

Re: Spyderco Buying Guide article?

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Ok, I'm not sure what's going on with that article, but I think there are better sources of information out there...
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

It's basically a clickbait form letter with the word Spyderco plugged into all of the <manufacturer> fields, mad libs style. It has nothing to do with Spyderco knives.
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

Accutron wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:25 pm
It's basically a clickbait form letter with the word Spyderco plugged into all of the <manufacturer> fields, mad libs style. It has nothing to do with Spyderco knives.
Exactly. The article is garbage. It's written in a way that it can be universally applied to every company in existence. Then they give you Amazon links and if you buy something they get a percentage of the sale.

"The idea is to understand the maximum guests you usually have on a regular Saturday and select the shape and size"

Uhhhh... what??? Yea, it's generic trash.
Last edited by BornIn1500 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Article indicates the Tenacious as Made In The USA; turned me off from the get-go. Have grown very tired of inet inaccuracies!!! Don't like it when the details are wrong!!!

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Thank you for picking that thing apart! It is sad that the internet is full of such things. I clicked on a website that used the term "Spyderco knives" in its header and the next thing I see, there are computer virus warnings and I clicked off of it.

What happened to the internet we all knew and loved that had great knife things on it?