Sage 5 LW and CQI Chaparral LW - When?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Unadan

Sage 5 LW and CQI Chaparral LW - When?

Post by Unadan »

When oh when will these be released??
Wartstein

Re: Sage 5 LW and CQI Chaparral LW - When?

Post by Wartstein »

I don't know... but I have a feeling especially the cqi-ed Chap FRN is on the wish list of quite a few people by now..
Rightfully so, being, quote, "the sliciest and most space efficient knife in Spydercos lineup" as Nick Shabbaz states in a recent vid ;) https://youtu.be/dHFxk4o5wZM at around 2:40 for example

I'd agree with "the sliciest" (but sure I can just compare to all Spydies I personally tried, and that's only a small fraction of their whole lineup).
And, sure it packs a LOT of blade and also edge in the handle, but I'd say some choil-less Spydies will be even more "space efficient"...

Regardless, vids like this targeted more towards people rather new to quality knives, will make also more or less beginners consider the Chap.

I am glad that I already have my Chap FRN for some time now, but I am looking forward to hearing about the thoughts on it from people who will hopefully get one soon... :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
zippifish

Post by zippifish »

Patiently waiting for both to drop, hoping they'll be available by September.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

After you've been here awhile you'll learn that you have to be patient. It's not likely you'll get an answer regarding release dates. So you just have to wait until they start showing up at dealers.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is on the CQI Chaparral LW. I haven't had any issue with mine. I wasn't even aware that there was need for any CQI.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:26 am

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is on the CQI Chaparral LW. I haven't had any issue with mine. I wasn't even aware that there was need for any CQI.
Sal said, the cqi is just about the position of the clip screw and / or the slots for the clip, in order to make the attachement more solid.

Personally I never had any issues concerning the Chap wire clip either, but then I carry it loosely a lot (so not clipped) inside a zippered pocket. Otherwise mostly clipped iwb when trailrunning.

I guess some / few people DID have issues though, so the cqi most likely is a good thing. In any case it's great that Spyderco has an eye on such details.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:53 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:26 am

Sal said, the cqi is just about the position of the clip screw and / or the slots for the clip, in order to make the attachement more solid.

Personally I never had any issues concerning the Chap wire clip either, but then I carry it loosely a lot (so not clipped) inside a zippered pocket. Otherwise mostly clipped iwb when trailrunning.

I guess some / few people DID have issues though, so the cqi most likely is a good thing. In any case it's great that Spyderco has an eye on such details.
Yep thanks. I read what Sal had said. Just wasn't aware of a need for CQI before then
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Trying to patiently wait on both too..........