Teal S30V Dragonfly Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Woodpuppy

Re: Teal S30V Dragonfly Exclusive

Post by Woodpuppy »

The email “back in stock” notices probably work just fine for regular production stock that doesn’t sell out in 4 minutes.
atv223

Post by atv223 »

I know there was a second release of the teal delica. Any idea if there will be a second release of the teal dragonfly?
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

My wife absolutely loves hers! She says its turquoise though and that teal is a blue green and darker. ;)

-Turbo
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

bbturbodad wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:18 pm
My wife absolutely loves hers! She says its turquoise though and that teal is a blue green and darker. ;)

She’s right.

Whoever named the color on this knife was not familiar with animal, color, or mineral. :D
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

bbturbodad wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:18 pm

SG89

Post by SG89 »

Turquoise wouldn't fit on the box so they went with teal lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

BigGrove wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:17 am

Looks more like Turquoise than Teal.
Last edited by steelcity16 on Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
PStone

Post by PStone »

steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:35 am

I would call it Cyan.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyan

Yeah, it looks like Cyan a little too. Whatever it is, it looks great in person and they need to make many more models in this color! I still REALLY want some TiCN coated blades paired with this color.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
PStone

Post by PStone »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:48 am
DirtMcGirt wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:35 am

I would call it Cyan.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyan

Yeah, it looks like Cyan a little too. Whatever it is, it looks great in person and they need to make many more models in this color! I still REALLY want some TiCN coated blades paired with this color.

Yes. I think a black blade/hardware would be pretty darn cool and somewhat unique. I would also be a buyer on other Seki models that are teal/black(especially an Endura).
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

I think the shell messed with the white balance on my phone in that shot.

Here's a pic with one of her turquoise flower bracelets.

BigGrove wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:17 am
Whatever it is, she really likes it. :D
-Turbo
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

It's a great color for sure. They have a great thing, and very popular obviously, so they need to keep these rolling. Hopefully they keep S30V as the steel and do a Dragonfly Wharnie and Delica Wharnie soon. I vote for a Jester for the next model though!
jdw

Post by jdw »

I like mine, and S30v is definitely an upgrade over VG10, but I wonder why Spyderco didn't use an equivalent Japanese steel?
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Joey

Post by Joey »

Not 100% sure, but the steel and color choice for this sprint wasn’t decided by Spyderco. A lot of sprints are this way, of course, so I am assuming this is the case here (color and steel seem to be especially unique for the model and manufacturing location).

Also, we need one of these Dragonflies with black blade/black hardware. Have we covered this yet? ;) Just in case we haven’t..... I’d buy more than one!
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

Funny the things you notice when paying attention....saw this while walking this morning. Too bad my wife wasn't with me.

I think Ford calls it medium jade...looks turquoise to me :p

-Turbo
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Joey wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:17 am

Also, we need one of these Dragonflies with black blade/black hardware. Have we covered this yet? ;) Just in case we haven’t..... I’d buy more than one!

I don't think it is possible to mention this enough. Black TiCN coated S30V blades and hardware paired with this teal/turquoise would be a HUGE hit and make a lot of people very happy. I would definitely buy multiples of every model. Jester, Dragonfly, Dragonfly Wharnie, Delica, Delica Wharnie, etc!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

bbturbodad wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:07 pm

I think Ford calls it medium jade...looks turquoise to me :p

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want BHQ to come up with a translucent Jade FRCP that closely mimics the shade of their Jade G10. Then they can continue their Jade M4 series into the LW models like the Manix LW, Native LW, Para 3 LW, and upcoming Lil Native LW. DLC with translucent Jade FRCP would be an amazing combo!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Ha, looks like my old truck! Sadly I sold this one quite a few years ago. :(

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Joey

Post by Joey »

bbturbodad wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:07 pm
Funny the things you notice when paying attention....
My thoughts this past weekend, exactly! I’ve been noticing all of the teal/blue-green colors that are everywhere, at least in my house. I always liked it, but maybe had been put off by it’s more or less feminine appearance. Turns out my wife has a LOT of it around, and hadn’t noticed it either, haha
bearfacedkiller wrote: Ha, looks like my old truck! Sadly I sold this one quite a few years ago. :(

Here we are! Now is that TiCN on the tires, or DLC? Either way, we need this look in a knife. Joking aside, that truck looks excellent for the age.
steelcity16 wrote:
Joey wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:17 am

I don't think it is possible to mention this enough. Black TiCN coated S30V blades and hardware paired with this teal/turquoise would be a HUGE hit and make a lot of people very happy. I would definitely buy multiples of every model. Jester, Dragonfly, Dragonfly Wharnie, Delica, Delica Wharnie, etc!
Agreed! Hopefully we can at least get a black blade on a future Dragonfly 2. I’d like it to be “teal” like this just fine, and S30V is a great choice for the size. However, where is the smurf blue/DLC at? I might need to just make my own swap from parts, but that Blue G10 might as well be made of precious metals for how expensive it is to acquire.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

This soft turquoise color is definitely more sheeple friendly than carrying around a black tactical assault knife as well! ;)