Teal S30V Dragonfly Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
nicked.onaut

Re: Teal S30V Dragonfly Exclusive

Post by nicked.onaut »

Still no pics? OK, I'll put up a few. If they elicit grumbles, I'll borrow Tommy Lee Jones movie quote, "I. Don't. Care."

The Dragonfly is one of my most carried watch/coin pocket second Spydie, followed by the Cricket. The mint green/teal colored Grivory is compared by some to a turquoise shade, so here's the Teal Dfly with a turquoise/MOP Yin Yang Cricket:

(Turquoise of course has many varieties and colors)

Compare and contrast color with the recent Blue-Grey V-TOKU2 Dragonfly:

RE: pocket RE, when opened, the Dfly is dwarfed by, say, the recent Manix 2 CruWear smooth G10 when closed:

Gave one to the wife, who said she may substitute it for carry in place of the pink Dragonfly. She has many pink Spydies now, but only one in Teal. Let's hope for some more models in this color. The market has consumers with many different tastes, don't we all know.

cheers,
nicked.onaut
Joey

Post by Joey »

Notsurewhy wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:39 am
If you go there and click "email me when available" they will. Probably the best way not to miss it. I'd also have payment info saved, just to be ready since this is probably the last of them.
Lol, well yes that’s the idea. Has this ever worked for you? I haven’t ever heard of someone having luck with the “email me when available” at BHQ. Personally it hasn’t ever worked for me. I can’t even get them to reply to an inquiry email about a product.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

nicked.onaut wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:17 pm
Still no pics? OK, I'll put up a few. If they elicit grumbles, I'll borrow Tommy Lee Jones movie quote, "I. Don't. Care."

The Dragonfly is one of my most carried watch/coin pocket second Spydie, followed by the Cricket. The mint green/teal colored Grivory is compared by some to a turquoise shade, so here's the Teal Dfly with a turquoise/MOP Yin Yang Cricket:

Gave one to the wife, who said she may substitute it for carry in place of the pink Dragonfly. She has many pink Spydies now, but only one in Teal. Let's hope for some more models in this color. The market has consumers with many different tastes, don't we all know.

cheers,
nicked.onaut

That's a beautiful Cricket you have there sir.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

The Meat man wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:40 pm

That's a beautiful Cricket you have there sir.
Thank you, Connor.

For several reasons that one has special meaning for me, and I'm grateful I got it when I could.

I hope they do another run of the Teal Dragonflies. While the initial response to the Teal Delicas seemed tepid initially, compared to the frenzy seen with other exclusives, after they sold off there seems to have been a steady increase in demand, as reflected with subsequent sales prices.

The S30V choice for the Dfly makes for one more incentive for some buyers, it sounds like.

Colorful small watch/coin pocket knives are well-received in many work/office environments peopled by non-knife folk, and platforms like the Dragonfly and Cricket are fit for many tasks there, when a cutting task assist presents itself or is requested. "Oooohs and Aaahhhs" make for converts viewing knives as tools, not weapons. Which is never a bad thing.

kind regards,
nick
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

the teal goes great with my favorite lounge shorts. keep the teal exclusives coming!! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Joey

Post by Joey »

Lookin “fly” steelcity16!
I got mine in today, and I like the color more than I thought I would.
Attachments
2420C230-05BC-4458-8C4B-EF1CE955C58D.jpeg
mugwump867

Post by mugwump867 »

Jazz wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:23 pm
Funny how most people dis S30V until it’s on a sprint. Weird. Not trying to be a jerk. Just an observation.
Personally I have no problem with S30V on a $68 knife but would prefer a better steel on knives that cost over twice as much which is much of Spyderco's lineup. I'm sure a large percentage of us are buying this for the purty color and not the steel anyways.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Waiting for USPS...
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Got mine today at lunch!! Love the color. This makes 3 dflys now...
jdw

Post by jdw »

I received mine as well and I am really pleasantly surprised by how much I like the color. Full on crow eating for me. It's pretty much cool.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Joey wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:39 pm
Lookin “fly” steelcity16!
I got mine in today, and I like the color more than I thought I would.
The teal one may be nice, but for me the star in your pic is the black blade orange one... really cool!! Though I'd give it a black clip either I think..
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Joey

Post by Joey »

Man, I’d be all over a DLC or TiCN coated Dragonfly. Unfortunately, as far as I know, all of the Dragonfly/Dragonfly 2 models have been satin/uncoated. The one you see is VG-10, and reflecting shadow making it appear to have a black blade. Teal sure would pop against a black blade with black hardware (including the wire clip ;) ) Really though I’m extremely interested to see the first sprint with a black blade, and have been waiting patiently for one to come along. Might have to coat one myself some day, though I’d have to learn how to do so.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Joey wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:08 am

Man, I’d be all over a DLC or TiCN coated Dragonfly. Unfortunately, as far as I know, all of the Dragonfly/Dragonfly 2 models have been satin/uncoated. The one you see is VG-10, and reflecting shadow making it appear to have a black blade. Teal sure would pop against a black blade with black hardware (including the wire clip ;) ) Really though I’m extremely interested to see the first sprint with a black blade, and have been waiting patiently for one to come along. Might have to coat one myself some day, though I’d have to learn how to do so.

I'm with you. I've been after a TiCN Dragonfly forever. Hopefully soon. Orange with DLC would be great. Maybe Cutlery Shoppe can commission one in M390 or whatever other Bohler steels Spyderco is willing to import and use in Seki. AEB-L, V4E, Elmax, whatever.

I'm REALLY hoping for a Toxic Green TiCN LC200N Dragonfly!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Joey wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:08 am
Ok... I am also not aware of a production black bladed DFly, so I thought the blade in your pic was kind of a customized one...looked like a somewhat blackened blade at least on my phone screen... ;)

I'd prefer black blade, clip and hardware on an orange DFly even over that treatment on a teal one (but then I'd prefer the orange over the teal anyway).
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:14 am

I'm REALLY hoping for a Toxic Green TiCN LC200N Dragonfly!
Now you’re talkin’! Black blade a plus.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

These are live at BladeHQ now!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Yes they are, go get one!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

Talk about being at the right place at the right time! I was on their site making sure my account info was all up-to-date..then BAM "in stock". :D
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

These are gonna go quick!!! Last place to get them!!! Showing only 21 in stock!! :eek:
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Heh, likely 4 people, including me, who got their orders placed then posted! :D
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001