The Future of the Para 2? I'm sort of worried

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Re: The Future of the Para 2? I'm sort of worried

Post by Evil D »

archangel wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:15 pm
What I don't understand is how everybody seems to accept that the Para 3 costs almost the same as the PM2, though it's a good part smaller. Only $6,50 difference between the two S110V versions. I find this disturbing, would love to get an explanation.

I don't own a Para 3 yet just because I find it too expensive for its size. The price I paid for my PM2 20CV seems much more appropriate.

The size difference is close enough that I doubt there is a significant difference between cost in materials. The machining and such are practically the same. I don't think there is a definitive size to dollars ratio.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

Not trying to go off topic here, but what are they going to call the next generation of these models? The PM3 would create confusion with the Para3. And what is a next generation Para3? Para4? Para3-2? These models are both insanely popular so it stands to reason that they will eventually be improved upon at some point in the future.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

They'll keep the same name, like most all of the other models have. They constantly improve the knives, doesn't mean they need a name change!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

The last PM2 DLT exclusive sold out in 4 mins.....

4 MINS!!!

enough said
Marulaghost

Post by Marulaghost »

Frozenspyder wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:27 am
Not trying to go off topic here, but what are they going to call the next generation of these models? The PM3 would create confusion with the Para3. And what is a next generation Para3? Para4? Para3-2? These models are both insanely popular so it stands to reason that they will eventually be improved upon at some point in the future.
If it's just CQI than the model name remains the same.
The Military underwent a number of changes a few years back. But its dimensions and overall design language remains the same. So no change in the name.
But the original Paramilitary underwent such a dramatic overhaul in terms of dimensions that it had to be recognized as a new model
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

husq2100 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:38 pm
The last PM2 DLT exclusive sold out in 4 mins.....

4 MINS!!!
Your point is well taken. I knew the Para 2 was a decent seller but I had no idea it was that good on the sales charts. So that does also help put my mind at ease. Because If I'm ever in a situation to where I can't EDC my C-36 Military then the Para2 will be my second choice for serious EDC uses.

There is just something special about those GOLDEN Made Spyders>> again I also want to see the Dodo return to the main line up. I don't think a Sprint run will be enough for the appetites of all the newer and older members of the knife community.

Also the Para 2 really makes sense as being a great model to introduce newer/better blade steels>> it and the C-36 Military both are great for that job.