Keeping Non Stainless Spyderco Steel Satin and Shiny/No Rust/No Patina?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
emanuel

Re: Keeping Non Stainless Spyderco Steel Satin and Shiny/No Rust/No Patina?

Post by emanuel »

Ok you got me interested in that particular wax, I'll see if I can find some in Europe. My experience was mostly with waxes made in Spain and Romania.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Let me know if you can't find it there. I'll see about getting you some . It may or may not be what you need but it's worth trying. It should be available to you. It's used by hobbyists, antique people and museums so it's not just a knife product. It comes from the UK I think.

Joe
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I've brought this up on more than one occasion. The company that makes that great metal polish we know as FLITZ also has a great metal wax too. I've used that FLITZ metal wax on so many different applications. And a coat of Flitz metal wax will usually hold up for at least 6 months or so. However if you use that particular knife for a lot of different hard jobs they I would recommend you doing it at least once a month if you are concerned about a non-stainless steel getting corroded or stained.

FLITZ has such a great line up for products for the maintenance of knives that I rarely look anywhere else except them and Sentry Solutions for all my knife maintenance needs.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I use Flitz wax as well. It applies a lot easier on rough surfaces due to the squeeze container and more liquid consistency. Good stuff!