Hospital Dragonfly

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
standy99

Re: Hospital Dragonfly

Post by standy99 »

Bloke wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:16 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:04 pm
Bloke wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:15 pm
Very sorry to read this Doc!

Hope you’re OK ole mate, not too sore and I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Having said that if you start another Dragonfly thread or even mention a Dragonfly again in the near future I’m likely to stab myself with the one I have and we’ll both be in hospital. Ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha! :p
I want pictures if you do. Hahahaha!

I have a Roadie and an Urban at the post office to pick up. It’s not all about DF’s. But they are handy.
Doc, wish I was close handy. I'd pick up your knives from the Post Office for you and bring them over ... as long as there was no mention of Dragonflies. Ah, hahaha! :rolleyes:

Get well soon! :)

Bloke, It was the dragonfly that took the impact and saved him further injuries ;)

Get well soon Doc...
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

What if they made a Dragon Fly with white FRN scales and a Red Cross or other hospital emblem on it? Would that be a good idea?
araneae

Post by araneae »

Hey Doc,
Glad you're okay despite some injuries. I had a motorcycle accident as well and learned that I better armor up going forward. I was lucky, but my shoulder still gets sore almost 10 years later as a reminder. My Native 440V left a real bruise on my hip from when I hit the road. I found it on the road and it still works fine and only the clip needed work. Best wishes with healing up and lucky you had that D'fly to keep you company. I have the Wharnie on it's way- can't wait.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
araneae

Post by araneae »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:21 pm
What if they made a Dragon Fly with white FRN scales and a Red Cross or other hospital emblem on it? Would that be a good idea?
I would love to see a white run again. I have the D'fly 1 in white. It wasn't super popular as I recall, but that was before RIT dying was really a thing. I think now, they'd sell a heap of them and we could see a rainbow of D'fly colors.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

araneae wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:34 pm
SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:21 pm
I would love to see a white run again. I have the D'fly 1 in white. It wasn't super popular as I recall, but that was before RIT dying was really a thing. I think now, they'd sell a heap of them and we could see a rainbow of D'fly colors.
Thank you, that is a great idea. Yeah I like the look of White FRN, also Gray FRN is a good one.
KarlG

Post by KarlG »

I was in the hospital for surgery with a week or so recovery there and another few weeks at home. Knife shopping was part of keeping sane and healing. Many beautiful Spyderco’s made their way to my house through the mail.

Get better soon and bike crashes suck. Riding rocks though.
:spyder: Karl
Forest Elk

Post by Forest Elk »

Doc, I wish you a good and quick recovery!!!
Abt. 23 years ago I had a serious bicycle accident, in which my right shoulder was heavily injured. But after one year I was able again to shoot my rifles and even the 12 gauge shotguns (you know the recoil... :p )!
I know by own experience how difficult many tasks in the home can be if they have to be done single-handed... But IMHO you will better recover in your home than in the hospital. The joy of playing with your spydies and following other personal hobbies will enforce the healing process.
Since last week I EDC my "plain vanilla" black FRN DF 2. We have high summer here in Southwest Germany, temperatures up to 40 degrees Celsius... The D'fly is perfect for carrying in light shorts! :spyder:
"Never leave home without a knife!" :spyder:

My Spydies: Native CPM440V, Delica4-ZDP, Delica4-ZDP, Delica4 FFG, Endura4-ZDP, Endura4, UKPK-G10, UKPK-CF, Salt1, PM 2, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly Salt, Dragonfly-ZDP, Dragonfly Nishijin, Squeak, Lil' Native CompLock, Dragonfly-G10
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

This is by far the worst motorcycle accident I have ever had. I still just want to sleep all the time but the pain is a constant reminder.
Thank the good Lord I had that little DF with me cos it kept me from going stir crazy till I got my iPad from home. This is one time where knife fidgets are ok. That little knife really came in handy and since it is so light in weight no one knew I had it. One thing I will say is that in the weight department the DF is superior to the Squeak, Urban L W, Chap LW, et Al.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

Dont think I've popped in to say I hope you heal up quickly. Never been on a motorcycle let alone in a crash. I can't even imagine. I love the DF though. I have the g10 and the H1 PE version. Amazingly capable little beast. Worth every cent.

Glad you had it.
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Wow Doc! Sorry to hear about your accident. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hope someone is bringing you some good stuff to eat as well.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
sal

Post by sal »

Hi KarlG,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

This is a crazy thread, hope you’re OK Doc! Hopefully they’ve tracked down the idiot that ran you over so their insurance can cover your medical costs. I guess this gives you a little more time to track down that McBee! Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:54 am
This is a crazy thread, hope you’re OK Doc! Hopefully they’ve tracked down the idiot that ran you over so their insurance can cover your medical costs. I guess this gives you a little more time to track down that McBee! Cheers, Radioactive :)
Not sure about the Mcbee. My hands ain’t exactly dainty. Insurance covers me except , the copay and deductible.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050