The threesome fight!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
legOFwhat?

Re: The threesome fight!

Post by legOFwhat? »

Robishere wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:07 pm
This benchmade is like a barbie dolls legs.
Well, uh...I just , well.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Where is the “smile and nod” emoji when you need it?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
brainfriction

Post by brainfriction »

I was a huge fan of the 0562CF but I find myself preferring the 0393. It feels less bulky, even being only 1/2 oz lighter. 0393 and Domino are my two favorite flippers.
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Robishere wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:53 am
spyderwolf wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:51 am
What US Spydie feels ''cheap and flimsy'' to you?
As an example I would pick the new unlined G10 native for example of “cheap and flimsy” as an example. Having just a pin and 3 screws connecting plastic to plastic, whether they are G10 or FRN, and a blade and bushings. They seem too flexible, the handles bend and flex, the blades tens to be stiff and “crunchy” in movement compared to the Taichung models. A better example are the frn dragonfly models. Seriously the frn dragonfly just feels like a knife you buy for $3 out of a bulk jar by a hardware store cash till. By comparison the Taichung titanium Chaparral is just stunningly smooth and well machined all around.
Some of the unlined frn spydies whether larger or ladybugs compared to the Taichung lined knives are like comparing a Saturn or Geo to a Rolls Royce.
That being said.... if you buy a GM does that mean a Cadillac or a Saturn? If you own a Ford is it a Lincoln mark something or F1...or a tempo?
I guess most brands have their high to low models. But the byrd models take things to an all new low.

I asked the owner of my favorite store why this trend is happening. When I was a kid the Buck 110 was THE KNIFE. Bone handled with brass bolsters and steel lined. It was what a knife WAS. Now for some reason...take 2 pieces of plastic of whatever kind, screw them together and put a blade inside and SHAZZAM! You have a pocket knife. Rough edges on the handle, rough action, not centered, needing constant adjusting, ground at random angles, wobbly junk......he said quite simply everything today is throw away. We do not fix a tv or appliance, we throw them away. We want more of everything and want it cheap.

What is hard about working 2 days or 3 days to get a jaw dropping good knife that you can pass on to your son?

Will we spend $1200 on an ipad that is obsolete in 2 years and throw it away, but not $250 for a knife we will have for 30 years? How many smart phones have people had that cost around $1000 and thrown out....and how many knives have we had that cost near $1000 have we had and thrown out in 2 or 3 years?

For a measly extra $100 or so I will always pick the fully lined Carbon fibre perfectly lined perfectly finished glassy smooth Spyderco vs any of the rough plastic flimsy models now. Once anyone handles my high end models all interest in the frn or para models is lost.
You sure you on the right forum?
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Robishere wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:01 am
twinboysdad wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:22 pm
Para whatever feels like a dollar store knife? Yeah, me and Gordon Ramsey are both idiots...

Letterkenny reference for you seeing as you are Canadian
Yes I am a Canadian if it matters somehow...and Gordon Ramsay is Scottish....
You’ve never seen the Canadian show “Letterkenny”? Youtube is your friend, it’s comedic gold