a painful lesson relearned *update*

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

Re: a painful lesson relearned

Post by ZrowsN1s »

OK. Now I'm pissed off.

Find my Blade HQ box sitting at my front door this evening.... $*<%# EMPTY . Empty. No knives, no packing material, tape cut open, empty. Wtf.

I can't believe a thief would leave me coffee filters and then return to the scene of the crime to bring me back an empty box. If someone took it wouldn't they have just taken it? Bizarre.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:13 pm
OK. Now I'm pissed off.

Find my Blade HQ box sitting at my front door this evening.... $*<%# EMPTY . Empty. No knives, no packing material, tape cut open, empty. Wtf.

I can't believe a thief would leave me coffee filters and then return to the scene of the crime to bring me back an empty box. If someone took it wouldn't they have just taken it? Bizarre.
What on earth! :confused:
That is crazy. Sounds like someone needs to lose his job.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:13 pm
OK. Now I'm pissed off.

Dude that suuuucks! Are you thinking it was a porch pirate or the carrier? Man I'm so sorry :(
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Sounds like you have a crazy neighbor
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I have to think it's the carrier. What porch pirate would bring back an empty box? Or leave coffee filters? Unless it's someone mentally ill or extremely bored.

And why does this only happen with USPS when I order knives?

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Was the coffee filter box addressed to you?
Spydergirl88
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:20 pm
Was the coffee filter box addressed to you?
Literally a brand new package of coffee filters, unopened no label.

I honestly don't know what to think at this point. Going to try to call USPS in the morning, hopefully not spend an hour on hold. Also packed up some garbage in a First Class Mail box I had lying around. Taped it up nice and pretty. Going to leave it out on the porch and see if anyone messes with it.

cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

If you buy and ship things frequently enough and over the course of years ... you will likely run into a problem with any of the shipping providers. I have, so can't say one is any better than the others ... usually opt for convenience.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Sorry this is happening to you OP
Spydergirl88
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Thanks. Me too.

Here's a picture of the coffee filters as they arrived
So strange.

Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I’ve had more trouble with UPS (pronounced oops) and fedex than usps. At work, fedex delivered 360’ of 5” threaded steel casing. About $300/10’ stick. 5 of the pieces had been abused by spearing the ends with a forklift and dragged so much the threaded ends were worn through the threads. We filed a claim and got more coming, but that delayed us and was an expensive move for fedex. They never came to claim their ruined casing either.

I recently had a Midway order arrive with the tape obviously cut and missing a box of personal defense ammo. The delivery guy very carefully folded the box up and set it on the pile upside down. I was home and watched him deliver, so I know it wasn’t someone else. :mad: I made sure Oops knew it was ammo and that they had a thief in their local delivery pool.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

If someone was trying to mess with my head they've succeeded. Coffee filters... and then an empty box delivery?

Guess who's getting a security camera.

Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Very likely someone at USPS sees it is from a knife store and takes it for themselves. I use USPS all the time but I make sure there is tracking on it. I had a package last year that literally circumnavigated the globe but finally got to me.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Sorry to hear about this BS Matt! I can't believe someone would have the nerve to leave you the empty package. Stuff like this is why I put a Wyze cam on my front a couple months ago. It may not have helped in your situation but you never know.

https://www.amazon.com/Wyze-Indoor-Wire ... way&sr=8-4
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Holy crap Matt, that is totally nuts and disgusting. We have quite a few tweaker porch pirates around here and my mail lady is dumb as a box of rocks. She will literally leave packages on the front sidewalk of my porch right out in the open. I’ve got a Nest doorbell and four of their outdoor Nest cameras, they have worked really well and I have been very happy with them.
Josh
ZrowsN1s

Re: a painful lesson relearned *update*

Post by ZrowsN1s »

*Update*

I talked to BladeHQ this morning. And their customer service is amazing. They didn't make this my problem they made it their problem. They said they will deal with USPS, send me a replacement for my Urban, refund my Dragonfly (which they have sold out of! Dang that things popular), and the icing on the cake, they won't charge me for reshipping UPS :D

Well done BHQ well done.

The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Wow! Talk about going above and beyond! That's amazing. Way to go BHQ!!

Nice to hear a happy ending to that story Matt. :cool:
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Glad to hear BHQ took care of you they are awesome.
Spydergirl88
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Pelagic wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:18 pm
The private sector almost always puts the government to shame.
Broad generalizations are never always correct.
In my area usps is great. Never had a problem. But if anything (usually Amazon deliveries) get bounced to On-Track (a private and cheap delivery service here) it turns into a circus. They can’t find buildings. Leave packages on doorsteps half way across town. I’ve even delivered packages to other addresses that got dropped here.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I'm sorry for your issues, it has to be very frustrating. Fortunately, it sounds like BHQ has amazing customer service. Maybe I'm just lucky, but the vast majority of my shipping and receiving has been via USPS, and they have been excellent. I would definitely consider them to be my preferred carrier. This, of course, is irrelevant when you are having problems, but I'm glad yours are getting sorted out.