Thank you Sal

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Woodpuppy

Thank you Sal

Post by Woodpuppy »

I wanted to stop in here and thank Sal for the way he handles difficult communication here on the forum. Sometimes I read what seem like blatantly confrontational posts, and Sal handles them with grace, giving the customer information and a possible solution to the problem. Never a cross word, and certainly never a personal attack!

Thank you, Sir.

Edited to add:

I didn’t mean to leave any of the rest of the Spyderco team out. TazKristi is also the bees knees :D
Last edited by Woodpuppy on Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lonerider1013

Re: Thank you Sal

Post by lonerider1013 »

Second that. The years have made me somewhat cynical about most companies. I came to spyderco for the product, but also appreciate how they do things, especially in this regard. The fact that the people in the company are willing to publicly answer questions from random customers on a forum like this by itself sets them far and above most in any other field.
"A fool's blade may be sharper than his brain"
“Learn to ride a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live." - Mark Twain
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Sal is awesome. He is allways in his zen mood. Wise man indeed ...
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Mattysc42

Post by Mattysc42 »

Yep, the people working at Spyderco are amazing. Half the reason 95% of my folders are from Spyderco is because I want to support the people who work there, even if the knives aren’t cheap to buy in large numbers.

Thanks Sal, Eric, Kristi, Michael, and everyone else who make Spyderco the amazing company it is! :D
BRING ON THE MANIX XL SPRINTS AND EXCLUSIVES! And 10v or K390ify the Golden lineup, please.

Top 5 folders I’ve owned: Serrated Caribbean Leaf, Shaman, Manix XL, ZDP-189/CF Caly 3.5, Native LW.
Top 5 steels I’ve owned: LC200N, K390, CPM S90V, M390, CPM REX45.
Top 3 steels I want more of: M390 class, A11 class (including K390), CPM REX45.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

All of Spyderco is pretty cool. After seeing the early results of the HRC tests I like them even more. Excellent, NO BS company. Nothing but the best in steel. They are permanently in my top 3 companies, and there are at least 10 Spydercos on my radar at the moment.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Marulaghost

Post by Marulaghost »

I think the fact that Gayle Bradley does business with them while turning down offered contracts speaks volumes about their ethics
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I'm sometimes amazed by Sal's poise and grace. Some of the stuff I read (sometimes here but mostly on the FB groups) makes me want to scream. Some incredible displays of ignorance out there. When I see those types of comments I have to think of how Sal would respond. It honestly keeps me from writing something I might regret. The way Sal and Spyderco the company conduct themselves are a big reason I'm a big fan of their products.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Sal's a true class act and has lead by example on here the forum. Even when he's not talking, he's listening and it shows.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:00 pm
I'm sometimes amazed by Sal's poise and grace. Some of the stuff I read (sometimes here but mostly on the FB groups) makes me want to scream. Some incredible displays of ignorance out there. When I see those types of comments I have to think of how Sal would respond. It honestly keeps me from writing something I might regret. The way Sal and Spyderco the company conduct themselves are a big reason I'm a big fan of their products.

Indeed, keep in mind “WWSD” :cool:
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

Mr. Glesser (Sal) & Team Spyderco = Quality Products & Quality People :D
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red