Spyderco CS

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sober_Survival

Spyderco CS

Post by Sober_Survival »

I've been around the forum for a few years, under a different sn, but have never posted. I apologize in advance if this is long winded, but I feel it's important. Anyways...

I ordered 3 Spydercos last week. A Roadie, Ladybug Toku Sprint, and a PM3 (cami/satin) which was for my sons birthday tomorrow.

On Wednesday, UPS dropped off the package, and when I got home and picked it up to open it... I told my wife "This feels really light..." long story short, NO PM3!

I own 40+ Spidies, and have never had an issue. I almost didn't call, because I wasn't sure if they would believe me.

I called, explained what happened, and they said they would take care of it ASAP. (I think the guys name was Colin?).

So today, UPS drops off another package! Not only was my PM3 in there, but a bonus smaller spidie, a challenge coin, and a 1/2 dozen stickers that I hadn't seen before! Oh, and it was shipped next day air, so I'd have it in time for my sons birthday. Idk if I've ever been more impressed with a retail companies CS.

Anyways, I'll shut up now, but I felt this needed to be shared. Thanks Spyderco. I can't wait to see how excited my son will be for his 1st Spyderco. God bless. :spyder:

-Chris.
There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15.13
sal

Re: Spyderco CS

Post by sal »

Hi Chris,

Welcome to our forum.. Thanx much for sharing your experience. I'm glad it worked out.

sal
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

That's awesome news. Happy birthday to your son. Just one of the many reasons to love Spyderco
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
A.S.O.K.A

Post by A.S.O.K.A »

Thats an awesome ending for a customee service story. Hope your son enjoys it.
Every Steel Has Its Appeal :cool:

A.S.O.K.A Edge on Youtube
jdw

Post by jdw »

Great story and welcome to the forum. You can count me in as somebody who has also received fantastic customer service from Spyderco.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Welcome to the forum Chris! Thanks for sharing that awesome story. Way to go Spyderco!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Once again, Spyderco leading by example.

We all make mistakes, but not everyone makes things good so effectively.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I agree! That's the kind of story that wins customer loyalty👍
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Sober_Survival

Post by Sober_Survival »

bearrowland wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:34 am
Yes sir. And by the way, my 13 yr old LOVES his PM3!
Last edited by Sober_Survival on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15.13
lionesser

Post by lionesser »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:23 am
Once again, Spyderco leading by example.

We all make mistakes, but not everyone makes things good so effectively.
+1
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

That's great that everything worked out! Just as an aside, if anyone ever experiences an empty box from an online retailer, and is worried that the story isn't believable, just look on the tracking information and you should see a shipping weight. Obviously a box with an item in it shouldn't weigh just a few grams (the weight of the box alone), so you can use that information to back up your claim of having been shorted.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I like that story! Habby B Day to your son, may I ask how old he is now? If still more or less a kid, the Para 3 is a great choice for a first Spydie I think.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:23 pm
I like that story! Habby B Day to your son, may I ask how old he is now? If still more or less a kid, the Para 3 is a great choice for a first Spydie I think.
I think it's kinda sharp for first knife. I went with the wooden dragonfly for my 2 YO son.
Sober_Survival

Post by Sober_Survival »

He is 13.

How long do all of my posts have to be approved? It's a slow process lol
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

tonijedi wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:21 pm
Wartstein wrote:
I think it's kinda sharp for first knife. I went with the wooden dragonfly for my 2 YO son.
2 is a little young for a knife period imo. My son is 2 and a half and I wouldn't trust him with a wooden knife! He tends to get a little spirited at times though!

I was playing with my dad's Swiss army knife when I was probably 5 or 6. Cut the dickens out of my thumb too! Learned not to play with sharp objects! Now I play with my knives a lot, but I'm more careful.

Good on Sal and the company! Gotta love when you hear stories like this. Which makes me want to go order an Amalgam that much more! Must wait until next month though!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

bearrowland wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:34 am
Yes. Stories like this make me want to buy more Spyderco knives just so they can continue with the great service as I know they will take care of me.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

tonijedi wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
You are right of course when assuming that his son is too young for having a knife generally... But then practically any regular Spyder would be to sharp, wouldn't it?

I just thought: If a kid or young man can be trusted to use a knife sensible and safely, the Para 3 should have great ergos and size for smaller hands. And while I personally prefer a backlock, I think for a kid the comp. lock is more fun probably.
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

soc_monki wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:12 pm
tonijedi wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
2 is a little young for a knife period imo. My son is 2 and a half and I wouldn't trust him with a wooden knife! He tends to get a little spirited at times though!

I was playing with my dad's Swiss army knife when I was probably 5 or 6. Cut the dickens out of my thumb too! Learned not to play with sharp objects! Now I play with my knives a lot, but I'm more careful.

Good on Sal and the company! Gotta love when you hear stories like this. Which makes me want to go order an Amalgam that much more! Must wait until next month though!
My son is not special in any way (just for me of course :p ) but he uses knives that aren't sharp or pointy with success.

Take a look at this article I searched just now:
http://www.thekavanaughreport.com/2017/ ... l.html?m=1

He uses other tools daily as well, like screwdrivers (including battery type) hammers (he has his own wooden hammer) and of course"kids tools" to use with play-doh, dustpan and brush... well almost everything apart of power tools, sharp stuff, chemicals, hot stuff and sometimes (but only sometimes) things that can lead to a water flood :D

Kids can do much more than we think they can, it just takes (a lot of) attention and a safety minded approach.
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:27 pm
tonijedi wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
You are right of course when assuming that his son is too young for having a knife generally... But then practically any regular Spyder would be to sharp, wouldn't it?

I just thought: If a kid or young man can be trusted to use a knife sensible and safely, the Para 3 should have great ergos and size for smaller hands. And while I personally prefer a backlock, I think for a kid the comp. lock is more fun probably.
I was just kidding. Someone's first knife is never a sharp one. You learn to eat with fork and knife, butter the bread etc. before you get a sharp knife. This is natural and valid outside knife-nut households as well.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

tonijedi wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:41 am
Wartstein wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:27 pm
tonijedi wrote:
Wartstein wrote:

I was just kidding. Someone's first knife is never a sharp one. You learn to eat with fork and knife, butter the bread etc. before you get a sharp knife. This is natural and valid outside knife-nut households as well.
Well said. :)