Mcbee... Where you be?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bbturbodad

Mcbee... Where you be?

Post by bbturbodad »

When was the last time you saw a Mcbee in stock?
-Turbo
Mushroom

Re: Mcbee... Where you be?

Post by Mushroom »

Not long after they dropped! :eek:
With that said, the demand certainly hasn't gone unnoticed. I'm sure Spyderco is already on top of it and producing more. I like to think they're making more than the first run too! The first run was wildly popular!

:spyder:
-Nick :bug-red
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Great little knife, ergonomic and built stout.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I can't decide if I like it or not. Really, I think the G10 Manbug might be more useful and lighter. But, I can see the appeal of this knife.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

I put in an order for one at Optics Planet in February and they were estimated to be in stock in 6-8 weeks. Checked the order yesterday and it still shows 6-8 weeks.

Hopefully they come back soon, looks like a great little knife for summer carry.
-Turbo
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

bbturbodad wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:26 pm
Walmart is showing in stock online. The price is a bit high.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:37 pm
bbturbodad wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:26 pm
Walmart is showing in stock online. The price is a bit high.
Thanks for the heads up! I used a 15% off code at Optics Planet so I think I'll just wait it out. If Walmart had it for MAP I would have gone for it.
-Turbo
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

This knife must be handled to “get it” and man, once that happens you won’t be able to put it down. For being such a little knife, it just melds into my hand perfectly, especially with the addition of a lanyard/fob on it to give you additional purchase on the rear end ;). It is a really amazing piece, outstanding Taichung quality as you’d expect and that Wharnie blade feels like it packs the punch of a much larger knife. It is truly great and I could not recommend any more highly. Hopefully they’ll be a restock of them soon so more folks can track them down. Plus I’m starting to see some really great modded ones on IG with really tastefully done anodized handle scales with acid and copper-washed blades. I like mine as it is, and I think it’s one of the top three or four best knives that were released last year but has slipped under a lot of folks radars.

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:35 pm
This knife must be handled to “get it” and man, once that happens you won’t be able to put it down. For being such a little knife, it just melds into my hand perfectly, especially with the addition of a lanyard/fob on it to give you additional purchase on the rear end ;). It is a really amazing piece, outstanding Taichung quality as you’d expect and that Wharnie blade feels like it packs the punch of a much larger knife. It is truly great and I could not recommend any more highly. Hopefully they’ll be a restock of them soon so more folks can track them down. Plus I’m starting to see some really great modded ones on IG with really tastefully done anodized handle scales with acid and copper-washed blades. I like mine as it is, and I think it’s one of the top three or four best knives that were released last year but has slipped under a lot of folks radars.

Do you like this over the Manbug? I have a Manbug G10 (also a LW) and saw no reason to buy the McBee, but I might be wrong about that. How would you compare the two?

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:34 am
Do you like this over the Manbug? I have a Manbug G10 (also a LW) and saw no reason to buy the McBee, but I might be wrong about that. How would you compare the two?
I like it equally as much as the G10 Manbug, which says a whole lot since that knife was my very first Spyderco and hooked me strong! They are highly complementary to each other, and knowing how much you like the MB, I’d be flabbergasted if you didn’t find the McBee equally amazing. They are certainly quite different but they’re aren’t many LBKs in Ti. I’ll try to get some comparison pics posted next week when I get home, but I say if you’re interested in trying it, absolutely go for it. :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:35 pm

How thin is the grind? Does it very narrow at the edge, or is it rather robust? (Thin is good)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Just another popular Spyderco that is OOS everywhere.........aka Chef, Kapara, Smock, etc. etc.
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

Would love to get my hands on the McBee. I love smaller knives. I can also appreciate my smock and kapara even more knowing I've got them already lol hopefully they all turn up soon though.
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
Redman5006

Post by Redman5006 »

I missed out on these due to other knives I was after at the time. I hope I can get one as well. Just a cool looking little knife.
jdw

Post by jdw »

I agree. I can't wait to buy one, or a Kapara, or a Smock. Someone in Taichung is really bad at guessing.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Redman5006

Post by Redman5006 »

jdw wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:33 am
I agree. I can't wait to buy one, or a Kapara, or a Smock. Someone in Taichung is really bad at guessing.
Yeah, I have a rather long want list as well. 😆
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

The thing that makes me hesitate is that it is very small and the Dragonfly is the smallest knife I normally carry these days and it is coming out in a wharncliffe regular production model.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050