Congrats Spyderco!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Congrats Spyderco!

Post by Sharp Guy »

Well done guys!

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
DutchBlades

Re: Congrats Spyderco!

Post by DutchBlades »

Nice one! Deserving for sure :)
Congratulations indeed!
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

And the winner is...Manix 2 LW :D

https://blademag.com/blade-show/2019-kn ... blade-show

Otherwise quite a boring show was it, nothing really exciting, the Spyderco's we've seen already, a new Sebenza 21 with a ceramic ball interface and the clip angled differently = 31, WE Knife Synergy an integral but even than is a 20 old design, and the Overall Knife of the Year overall I don't really like it...
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Man, I thought Spyderco had some awesome knives in the prototype case. Probably my favorite was the straight spine Stretch! That thing reminded me so much of a lockback paramilitary 2! Beautiful knife, and that ivory frn handle was really sweet too!

Then there were all the different handles! Man, there were like 10 new Chaps in there! 4 different wooden handle variations! Lightweight sages! Several new pm2 blade shapes! Several new pm2 handle materials and textures including natural g11! Plus a ton of new collaborator designs, a few of which I think will be huge! And that’s just the Spyderco booth! There was definitely nothing boring about the show to me!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Congratulations Spyderco :D

Saw a picture of the Shaman Micarta Cruwear proto, looked nice :D Heard it's still in the proto phase though. Heard a rumor about a possible exclusive in August (not the cruwear).
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Lucky you could see the Holy Grail prototype case, my eyesight could not reach that far over the Ocean, neither my bottom :)
If they keep them in the case instead of showing them due to new (non)Reveal policy, I comment for what I could see on YouTube...
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

Congrats!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Congrats Spyderco!

We are really living in the Golden Age of Spyderco. They are on fire with all sorts of really desirable designs.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Surfingringo wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:23 am
Man, I thought Spyderco had some awesome knives in the prototype case. Probably my favorite was the straight spine Stretch...
Any chance we'll get to see pics of this? Or were photos not allowed in that area?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Gsg9 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:33 am

Lol! Should someone tell them?? :confused:
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Congrats on the win! The Para 3 LW is an amazing knife. I'm not really a "collector" as all of my knives are users, but the Para 3 LW is the one model where I plan on grabbing one of every version. I love all of the LW models, but that awesome deep carry wire clip and the comp lock really make this one special. And the size is perfect for my EDC needs. Big enough to get the job done, and not so big as to be annoying in my pocket. Well done! Now let's see those exclusives!! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

A straight spine Stretch is interesting, I'd like to see it too, but I reckon we won't :(
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Way to go and nice job!!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Gsg9 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:35 am
Lucky you could see the Holy Grail prototype case, my eyesight could not reach that far over the Ocean, neither my bottom :)
If they keep them in the case instead of showing them due to new (non)Reveal policy, I comment for what I could see on YouTube...
My apologies if I came off as contentious Gsg. I interpreted your post to mean that you were there at the show and were bored with what you saw. All I could think was “holy cow, this guy is hard to impress!” Haha. I got ya now. :)
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

p_atrick wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:56 am
Surfingringo wrote:
Man, I thought Spyderco had some awesome knives in the prototype case. Probably my favorite was the straight spine Stretch...
Any chance we'll get to see pics of this? Or were photos not allowed in that area?
No pics of the prototypes allowed but the knife looked really “right” with that blade shape. I am one who has requested this for years and it even exceeded my expectations. Some of the stretch purists will probably squawk but they are a pretty small group...ergo the change in blade shape. I’d bet money this will easily outsell the original stretch. It’s a really fine looking knife and though quite different from the original stretch it should perform well for most users with the new blade shape.
Last edited by Surfingringo on Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Surfingringo wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:32 am
p_atrick wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:
No pics of the prototypes allowed but the knife looked really “right” with that blade shape. I am one who has requested this for years and it even exceeded my expectations. Some of the stretch purists will probably squawk but they are a pretty small group...ergo the change in blade shape. I’d bet money this will easily outsell the original stretch. It’s a really fine looking knife and though quite different from the original stretch it should perform well for most users with the new blade shape.

I assume you asked if we will see a Salt version of this new Stretch?? I think that would be a big seller for sure in FFG LC200N. Those toxic green scales we keep hearing about paired with TiCN coating?? Sign me up for both a PE and SE.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Excellent!
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Man, wish I could see pics of the Micarta Shaman.

Oh, and congrats Sypderco.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Surfingringo wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:32 am
p_atrick wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:

I all but begged. That knife in a salt version would likely replace my pacific salt
So may I ask Surfer, the blade had a straight spine like Delica/Police/Military etc, but otherwise kept the drop point blade geometry? That sounds cool :cool: I had to get out my Stretch and try to visualize it lol
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Gsg9 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:33 am

https://blademag.com/blade-show/2019-kn ... blade-show

Otherwise quite a boring show was it, nothing really exciting, the Spyderco's we've seen already, a new Sebenza 21 with a ceramic ball interface and the clip angled differently = 31, WE Knife Synergy an integral but even than is a 20 old design, and the Overall Knife of the Year overall I don't really like it...
They already won most innovative for the manix 2 LW years ago.