Sun and Moon Chaparall :O !!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ladybug93

Re: Sun and Moon Chaparall :O !!!

Post by ladybug93 »

i actually kinda like this one and think it would make a nice gents knife. too bad the light side is facing out for right side carry though. i’d prefer the scales to be reversed.

and i’d love to have a dodo, but i’m pretty bummed about this m4 obsession. when is someone going to latch on to lc200n for exclusives? i don’t want a knife that will rust in my pocket more than i do want a dodo.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

ladybug93 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:12 am
....too bad the light side is facing out for right side carry though. i’d prefer the scales to be reversed.
True. Didn't realize that, thanks for pointing it out.
Still, not a dealbreaker at all. I like that design even more and more, after looking at it several times.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

Great video! That Sun & Moon looks very nice.

edit1 loud intro music has got to go though lol

7:09 ovals honeycombs and squares

edit2 4:21 in the learn something new every day category... that lock back notch for closing - great demonstration!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I will get one. I love the Chaparral and I like polished G10. I have two pocket knives I really love, the Chaparral and the Urban LW. I am all for nice upgrades to these two knives. I did not care much for the RN Chaparral's looks, personally, so I did not get one. But this I will have to get. I would love to see what else the mysterious Sal has for scales on this knife.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Very cool scales on that Sun & Moon.....
.....Glad I'm not the one that has to polish them though: I bet not damaging or smearing the inset across the G10 is a real challenge
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

I like the Sun/Moon Chaparral specially because it's G-10.

SUN

MOON
Last edited by RamZar on Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Not diggin' this new Chap, at all.
Unadan

Post by Unadan »

I'd rather have the standard G10 Chaparral.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

They are coming up with some really creative stuff for the Chaparral. Now I wonder what else is in the works.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

I still want an all stainless steel Chaparral with engraving on both sides.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Unadan,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:10 am
ladybug93 wrote:

....too bad the light side is facing out for right side carry though. i’d prefer the scales to be reversed.

Still, not a dealbreaker at all. I like that design even more and more, after looking at it several times.

Just make it your dedicated Seersucker Suit gentleman's knife. Problem solved! :D

Honestly though, now that you pointed this out to me I am having second thoughts. I was thinking of buying it to be my go-to knife for dark suits. Might just pass and see what else comes down the Chap pipeline. Abalone would be amazing.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

With the large majority of my lab’s research funding coming from NASA (I work on rad effects to the astronauts on future deep space missions), it just “dawned” on me this is a perfect knife for me! ;) :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Unadan

Post by Unadan »

Thank you sir!
sal wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:53 pm
Hi Unadan,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Unadan wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:09 pm
Maybe I got you wrong, but there is no "Standard G10 Chaparral"... ?
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:36 pm
Unadan wrote:
No, there is not. Perhaps he meant carbon fiber or FRN?

The Chaparral was meant to have different scale types. Not all will suit everybody. But, in the mix we will find something we like.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:49 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:36 pm
Unadan wrote:
No, there is not. Perhaps he meant carbon fiber or FRN?

The Chaparral was meant to have different scale types. Not all will suit everybody. But, in the mix we will find something we like.
Yes, I know.

And with the FRN and now the "sun and moon" I personally definitely found TWO already I REALLY like... ;)

Raffir noble is not for me, and CF somewhat cool, but I'd still prefer FRN over it.
Last edited by Wartstein on Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:23 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:10 am
ladybug93 wrote:

Just make it your dedicated Seersucker Suit gentleman's knife. Problem solved! :D

Honestly though, now that you pointed this out to me I am having second thoughts. I was thinking of buying it to be my go-to knife for dark suits. Might just pass and see what else comes down the Chap pipeline. Abalone would be amazing.
Maybe since it's just a preproduction model, they'll think about it and put a dark scale on the clip side (and the light scale on the other?) on the final version? Though then Lefties would have the same situation Righties have right now.

Though to be honest: It's not an real issue anyway. If I could choose, I'd slightly prefer the dark scale being on the clip side, but if it's not, that's still fine. And the Chap carries quite deep in the pocket anyway, or in my case even unclipped often times.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

this_is_nascar wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:00 pm
Don't get me wrong, but I think that's a good thing...;)

Why?:
I like to see some out of the ordinary designs on the Chap, which also means, that some will really like a particular design, others not at all - otherwise it would be not somewhat extravagant.

So maybe the NEXT Chap after the "sun and moon" will be totally for YOU, but totally NOT for me.

And I think wirh the grey FRN and the CF there are already two versions many people should be (more than) ok with designwise.
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:32 am
this_is_nascar wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:00 pm
Don't get me wrong, but I think that's a good thing...;)

Why?:
I like to see some out of the ordinary designs on the Chap, which also means, that some will really like a particular design, others not at all - otherwise it would be not somewhat extravagant.

So maybe the NEXT Chap after the "sun and moon" will be totally for YOU, but totally NOT for me.

And I think wirh the grey FRN and the CF there are already two versions many people should be (more than) ok with designwise.
Agreed. Hoping for an iteration with wood scales.