Who owns a Hanan?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
archangel

Re: Who owns a Hanan?

Post by archangel »

Funny thing: it's day four of my possession of the Hanan, and I have just now found the technique to flip it with sufficient speed so that it rushes into locking position and makes the lush sound I look for. I'll see that I perfect it. Only thing that definitely needs a rework is the sharp corner edge of the release area of the lockbar.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Here I am, a resurrected forumite adding to a resurrected thread. I've been away for a few years principally because I had so many knives that I was so satisfied with. The last knife I bought was the first Southard collaboration.

Buying some clothes on Sierra Trading Post I came across the Hanan for $111 with free shipping. Well... it punched most of my buttons: flipper, compression lock, recurve, beautiful, Spyderco and Southard. So I have two inbound.

Thanks for the detent mod tips. I'm going to look at that on my Lum Dejavoo which I love except for the very weak detent.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Now that i've used it for a few days I've found it to be excellent. I love the blade but, as I wrote previously, I love recurves and am partial to draw cutting, which the back of the blade edge is well suited to. The detent works fine on mine. When I shake it as violently as I can the blade will deploy on the third try. That is just not a problem for me in normal use. Fit and finish is wonderful as everyone reports. It is the smallest handle size I can get four fingers on. When I flip it the compression lock can slightly pinch my trigger finger. It's not painful and doesn't appear to do any damage. I can flip it in different ways to avoid this, such as flipping with the left side of my index fingertip but I'm not sure I even care enough to do that. Despite my large hands (XL or XXL glove size) I have no difficulty releasing the lock but I can see why those with bigger finger tips might. If it was available with a 3.5 inch blade and a more interesting scale it would be an ideal knife for me. It is a very attractive, fun, pretty darn good 3" knife.