What’s planned for BLADE show? Any exclusives?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Brotherscinc0

What’s planned for BLADE show? Any exclusives?

Post by Brotherscinc0 »

Hey guys, long time spydie collector and new to the forum.

This will be my 4th Blade show, but I can’t remember if Spyderco ever had any special or sprint offerings for show goers. I’ll definitely be looking forward to seeing the protos on display.

My highest hopes are for there to be the tanto PM2s available, followed by anything else military/pm2/para3 related exclusive to blade show.

Feel free to detail your own blade show plans, attendees! I’ll definitely be an early bird and attend at least Friday and Saturday
sal

Re: What’s planned for BLADE show? Any exclusives?

Post by sal »

Hi Brotherscinc0,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Brotherscinc0 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:29 pm

This will be my 4th Blade show, but I can’t remember if Spyderco ever had any special or sprint offerings for show goers. I’ll definitely be looking forward to seeing the protos on display.

My highest hopes are for there to be the tanto PM2s available, followed by anything else military/pm2/para3 related exclusive to blade show.

Feel free to detail your own blade show plans, attendees! I’ll definitely be an early bird and attend at least Friday and Saturday
Welcome to the forum!

/ I know almost nothing about the practices on blade show (I'm European), but maybe a proto of an FRN PM2 lw could be possible??
Maybe also a Chap showcasing a new handle material (though my guess is rather not on that one)?

Now, since it's Sunday already, maybe YOU can tell us? ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I hope this is okay to say but I for one would love to see Spyderco team up with Wartstein to design a new knife. If they did, what types of blade shapes and patterns would you want, and what materials for blades and handles and types of locking mechanisms?
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Don't recall there being any Spyderco BLADE exclusives in all the shows I've been to. The Prototype Case is worth going for though. It's kind of torture though as you get to see some really cool stuff, but you have no idea when it will be released, or if it will even be made. I do recall the year H1 knives were coming out they were handing out some SE Hawkbill Ladybugs at the booth. My wife claimed the one I got. Not seen any other handouts like that since.
nikolasga21

Post by nikolasga21 »

I'm going to be there like I was last year and I'm excited
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Nilolasga,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Brotherscinc0

Post by Brotherscinc0 »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:37 am
Brotherscinc0 wrote:

Welcome to the forum!

/ I know almost nothing about the practices on blade show (I'm European), but maybe a proto of an FRN PM2 lw could be possible??
Maybe also a Chap showcasing a new handle material (though my guess is rather not on that one)?

Not sure what you mean, BLADE show is still a week away.

Fingers crossed that I at least get to handle a Tanto PM2.
Brotherscinc0

Post by Brotherscinc0 »

sal wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:41 pm
Hi Brotherscinc0,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Thanks! Spyderco makes the best knives. You and your son are prophets sent from the knife gods
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Brotherscinc0 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:45 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Brotherscinc0 wrote:
.... and attend at least Friday and Saturday
Welcome to the forum!

Oh, my bad! Assumed you were talking bout (now) LAST Friday and Saturday.. ;)
As said, being European it's not an realistic option to attend blade show so I did not know the exact date.

Sure hope for you that you'll see your Tanto PM2! ;)
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:16 am
I hope this is okay to say but I for one would love to see Spyderco team up with Wartstein to design a new knife. If they did, what types of blade shapes and patterns would you want, and what materials for blades and handles and types of locking mechanisms?
SEF, thanks, you are very kind and honor me way too much. Sure, like probably most active users on this forum I´d not say "no" if Spyderco designed one or more knives exactly like I want it/them to see ;) (though it would be more or less variations of already existing models).

But I want to be clear here: There are HEAPS of people on this forum who are much better placed to give input for a knife design. I really don´t know that much about folders (in the context of this forum) and even less about steels. Only thing I am a bit more "advanced": I really use the quite few Spyders I have and can tell a bit about their locks, ergos and so on.
That´s in no way "humblebrag", but just the reality!

So why this quite lengthy (and off topic) post? I just want to make clear, mostly for guests who only seldom visit the forum: Just cause a person (like me) likes to post and contribute a lot, does not (necessarely) mean that he or she is also one of the most or even more knowledgable!
Brotherscinc0

Post by Brotherscinc0 »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:29 pm
Brotherscinc0 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:45 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Brotherscinc0 wrote:
.... and attend at least Friday and Saturday
Welcome to the forum!

Oh, my bad! Assumed you were talking bout (now) LAST Friday and Saturday.. ;)
As said, being European it's not an realistic option to attend blade show so I did not know the exact date.

Sure hope for you that you'll see your Tanto PM2! ;)

Thanks! Maybe one day you can check it out!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Anyone ask about upcoming CRUWEAR models?? The CRUWEAR Micarta Shaman is going to be a massive success, but what about any other upcoming CRUWEAR models like a Para 3 LW, Native LW, Manix LW, Native, Manix XL, etc???

Any news????
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Mm1313

Post by Mm1313 »

Para 3 lw in maxamet in the not so distant future is the only other one I was told by a "well informed individual".