M390 Delica Blue FRN Bento Box Shop Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: M390 Delica Blue FRN Bento Box Shop Exclusive

Post by steelcity16 »

Fine Swine wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:08 am
M390 paired with FRN has more than a hint of lipstick on a pig, to me. Then again, I've always hated FRN. No interest in this thing, whatsoever.

user steelcity16 has downvoted this comment
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

Fine Swine wrote:
M390 paired with FRN has more than a hint of lipstick on a pig, to me. Then again, I've always hated FRN. No interest in this thing, whatsoever.
Different strokes for different folks!

Though with your username I'd have thought lipstick on a pig was exactly what you liked...? :confused:

:D

I feel the same way when I see fancy carbon fiber handles or scales with stain/rust-prone low-alloy blades, though, so I know where you're coming from.
jdw

Post by jdw »

Fine Swine wrote:
Do you get much non-hostile interaction with folks?
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Kiteman72

Re: New M390 Bento Box Shop Exclusive

Post by Kiteman72 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 8:57 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 11:06 am
steelcity16 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:59 am

Wonder if the clip is black or chrome??? I prefer the chrome with non-DLC blades.
I've got a bunch of spare chrome clips if you need one. Just let me know once you get it if it's black.

Emailed Bento, clips are black. :confused: :( PM incoming.. :)
I wonder why they did black clips on this when the Lil Matriarch had a nice chrome clip?

Still stoked to have one on the way. I was kind of hoping they would do a bundle with this and the L. Matriarch they did so I could get a backup LM.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I'd much prefer the unfinished clip, but not a deal killer obviously!

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Wish I could talk myself into it, but I can't. I love me some M390 and like those dark blue scales. But, I've come to realize that I tend to use my knives that don't have an index finger choil less often than my knives that do. :o

I'm glad I've come to this realization over time, but bummed it will cost me to miss out on some great knives. Such as this one!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I definitely like knives without choils far more than with. I also very much like Spyderco's FRN, as it is practical, impervious, and has that wonderful texture. I am seriously thinking of this knife and the only reason I have not already bought it is because of 3 knives in the new Reveal. I like the materials on this knife, and I like the feel of the Delica in my hand (which is why I haven't bought the N5 Salt...feel in hand).
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:49 pm
I definitely like knives without choils far more than with. I also very much like Spyderco's FRN, as it is practical, impervious, and has that wonderful texture. I am seriously thinking of this knife and the only reason I have not already bought it is because of 3 knives in the new Reveal. I like the materials on this knife, and I like the feel of the Delica in my hand (which is why I haven't bought the N5 Salt...feel in hand).
It's the old story - too many knives and not enough money! :D
Spyderco has really spoiled us so far this year.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Spot on Connor! Felt like a slow start a couple months ago, as I watched my bank account increase a bit for a change...then BAM!! Exclusives and new reveals galore!! I love this hobby :cool:
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

The Meat man wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:09 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:49 pm
It's the old story - too many knives and not enough money! :D
Spyderco has really spoiled us so far this year.
Yes, I think we are in the golden age of Spyderco. They are turning out better, and more desirable designs than at anytime in their past (though they have had some good ones, just not as many). This makes it hard on my wallet and stresses me out a bit over decisions on what to buy, when there are so many, but I can only get a couple.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Anyone have one of these arriving today? My tracking says tomorrow. Let's see some pics!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:49 am
Anyone have one of these arriving today? My tracking says tomorrow. Let's see some pics!

I wish! I ordered mine Saturday afternoon, and USPS tracking says it'll arrive Thursday. I'm trying to be patient but for $14 shipping I was hoping it'd be sooner.
Oh well. :rolleyes:
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Tomorrow for me when I checked earlier. Can't wait to see beside my Pakkawood the metal difference.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

The Meat man wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:46 am
steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:49 am

I wish! I ordered mine Saturday afternoon, and USPS tracking says it'll arrive Thursday. I'm trying to be patient but for $14 shipping I was hoping it'd be sooner.
Oh well. :rolleyes:
I ordered mine as soon as they dropped last Friday, and didn't see it ship until yesterday. Expected delivery date is Thursday for me too. Strange that Priority Mail would take 4 days, but I suspect I'll see the package tomorrow.
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

Mine arrived yesterday. It looks awesome. I'll see if I can post a photo of it.
--Jeremy
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

My experience with Bento is for an order placed Friday, label is created on the weekend, package not in carriers possession until late Monday and delivery to me on Thursday... so I won't see mine for a couple more days (and I placed the order in the opening minutes). Not complaining, just letting others know my experience.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Glad I grabbed a few of these. While the price + shipping makes this a questionable "value" compared to other models, the popularity of the Delica and of M390 should make this one highly desirable on the secondary market once they are sold out. There are probably a lot of people who would buy one who still don't even realize these exist. Better to get them now rather than wait until they are $200 on eBay next year.

FK

Post by FK »

The two I ordered on Friday,,,, just arrived this morning in CT.

Excellent QC from Seki City, perfectly centered, well detailed and excellent edge apex, consistent on both sides and very nice finish on the bevel grinding. Two of the nicest Delica models from Spyderco to date.
Really like the dark blue FRN scales.

Regards,
FK
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

FK wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:53 am
The two I ordered on Friday,,,, just arrived this morning in CT.

Excellent QC from Seki City, perfectly centered, well detailed and excellent edge apex, consistent on both sides and very nice finish on the bevel grinding. Two of the nicest Delica models from Spyderco to date.
Really like the dark blue FRN scales.

Regards,
FK

How's the sharpness out of the box?
- Connor

steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

The Meat man wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:15 am

How's the sharpness out of the box?

I'm not an edge junky, but mine are some of the sharpest Spydercos I have received from the factory. Very very sharp. Zero complaints. Well, one. I wish they would have used the polished clips.