Tuff Love - Any Hope of a Sprint Run?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Re: Tuff Love - Any Hope of a Sprint Run?

Post by JD Spydo »

I was always perplexed at the relatively short tenure of the TUFF model :confused: Because it truly had a nice cult following in the early part of this decade. It's been on my watch list for a possible trade or to maybe find one at a pawn shop or just flat out get lucky some day. I was in a financial quandry when that knife was on the main line up but it caught my eye big time and I would also welcome a Sprint Run or a return to the main line up.
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

I’d be interested in a Sprint Run, especially with the prototype titanium tooling. My only Schempp design knife is a Bowie and it’s a great knife. I would be interested in any Ed Schempp designs after buying the Bowie just so I could get it signed at the SFO sale last year. In hand that knife is excellent and it works well as a tool. Clearly the thought that went into the design process for the knife paid off. I bet that’s true in spades for the Tuff.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

It’s always curious which ones they bring back. The shabaria came back and I don’t know that there was a great outcry for it. The tuff has probably had the most call for a return. Well, maybe the slysz Bowie has had more. It could make a return, you never know.
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Full titanium with that proto milling pattern on both sides, Cruwear.
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
AshK

Post by AshK »

spyderg wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:37 pm
Full titanium with that proto milling pattern on both sides, Cruwear.

Sounds really good to me! But I'll take a sprint run Tuff any way I can get it (within reason).