DLC 20CV PM2?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cycleguy

Re: DLC 20CV PM2?

Post by cycleguy »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:52 am
^^ yes you do. I didn’t understand the whole sprint and exclusive thing when I joined up, and I let the KW M4cf pm2 slip away 😥
Same. It was priced just under $200 when I first became interested in it. Thought on it a couple of days and decided to purchase one. Price moved to $220 so I waited for a sale/price drop to come around again ... and eventually missed out. Saw the post of a few more back in stock after they were sold out and was too late to get in on that opportunity as well. Wasn't meant to be I guess...

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Brotherscinc0

Post by Brotherscinc0 »

They seriously need to up the number when they do these runs. It’s ridiculous that they sell out so fast
Paul-DLT

Post by Paul-DLT »

Brotherscinc0 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:51 pm
They seriously need to up the number when they do these runs. It’s ridiculous that they sell out so fast
It's easier said than done. Keep in mind that there is a 5-12+ month delay in special projects like this knife. These were ordered the day after the first Tan/Satin knife sold. It took 20 something minutes for that knife to sell out, and we decided to buy a similar number. We thought this would take even longer to sell since it would be more expensive due to the coating, and in general coated blades don't sell as well.

While we were waiting for the Tan/Black to come in we received our second order of Tan/Satin and sold out in less than 5 minutes. We knew right then that we would be light on our numbers for this project, but the contract was already signed and too late to increase the quantity.

Although we (DLT) have been in the knife business for more than a decade, we have only been big into the Spyderco market since late 2017. We have made some mistakes, but have learned quickly on what we need to change for future projects.
DLT Trading
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Paul-DLT wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:22 pm
Brotherscinc0 wrote:
It's easier said than done. Keep in mind that there is a 5-12+ month delay in special projects like this knife. These were ordered the day after the first Tan/Satin knife sold. It took 20 something minutes for that knife to sell out, and we decided to buy a similar number. We thought this would take even longer to sell since it would be more expensive due to the coating, and in general coated blades don't sell as well.

While we were waiting for the Tan/Black to come in we received our second order of Tan/Satin and sold out in less than 5 minutes. We knew right then that we would be light on our numbers for this project, but the contract was already signed and too late to increase the quantity.

Although we (DLT) have been in the knife business for more than a decade, we have only been big into the Spyderco market since late 2017. We have made some mistakes, but have learned quickly on what we need to change for future projects.
Hey Paul! Any word on the Red G10/M390 PM2 re-release that you could pass along to us?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Paul-DLT

Post by Paul-DLT »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:00 am
Paul-DLT wrote:
Brotherscinc0 wrote:

Hey Paul! Any word on the Red G10/M390 PM2 re-release that you could pass along to us?
No specific date set yet, but we are looking at a release this summer.
DLT Trading
5pins

Post by 5pins »

Paul-DLT wrote:
Brotherscinc0 wrote:

The rumor is that you guys have more coming. Is that true?
Paul-DLT

Post by Paul-DLT »

5pins wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:44 am
Paul-DLT wrote:
Brotherscinc0 wrote:

The rumor is that you guys have more coming. Is that true?
We have placed an order for one more batch of these before it's retired. The order has not yet been confirmed but I don't expect any issues for it being approved. However, I don't anticipate them coming back into stock until late 2019 or early 2020 since it would have to be worked into Spyderco's production schedule.
DLT Trading
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Paul-DLT wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:50 am

We have placed an order for one more batch of these before it's retired. The order has not yet been confirmed but I don't expect any issues for it being approved. However, I don't anticipate them coming back into stock until late 2019 or early 2020 since it would have to be worked into Spyderco's production schedule.

How about some non-PM2/Para 3 exclusives? ;) A G10 Native in this Tan/DLC 20CV would be amazing, as would any of the 3 Golden lightweight (Manix LW, Native LW, Para 3 LW) models with a nice tan FRN and DLC 20CV blade. I'd buy all 4 of these! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Paul-DLT

Post by Paul-DLT »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:59 am
How about some non-PM2/Para 3 exclusives? ;) A G10 Native in this Tan/DLC 20CV would be amazing, as would any of the 3 Golden lightweight (Manix LW, Native LW, Para 3 LW) models with a nice tan FRN and DLC 20CV blade. I'd buy all 4 of these! :D
Nothing that I can announce yet.
DLT Trading
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Paul-DLT wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:02 am
steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:59 am

Nothing that I can announce yet.

So you are telling me there's a chance...YYEEESSSS :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I think these hot exclusives have taken on a life of their own. My suspicion is that the exclusivity and recent history of rapid sell outs has created a buying frenzy that is detached from reality.
Early this morning today a PM2 DLT 20cv with DLC was listed for sale on BF for $175 and only now does it look like it might be sold...10 hours later.
You're telling me that there's limitless demand at $150 and weak demand at $175? I think what's really going on is just hype, excitement, flippers, FOMO, etc.
Essentially it's a bubble.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Paul-DLT wrote:

Hey Paul, thanks for being so responsive to us Forumites. Mostly thank you and your team (and Spyderco) for knocking it out of the park with all the exclusives. 20CV PM2 and Manix are two models I wanted for a while and you guys delivered (I have both, and I will definitely get the red PM2 when it drops again as well).
Brotherscinc0

Post by Brotherscinc0 »

Paul-DLT wrote:
Brotherscinc0 wrote:

I totally get that and don’t fault any one either way. I think if I were to be frustrated with anyone it would be all the guys who buy them up just to sell for $25-$50 more. It’s a weak way to make a couple bucks.

As much as I think it’s cool to have different and exotic steels, I honestly just wish the different color options were available for the S30V blades too.
ihped1

Post by ihped1 »

DLT is doing another red m390 pm2. I really like this one though, would rather have the satin 20cv version than the red g10.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

I have owned both now and have to tell you the 20CV although supposedly close to composition is far sharper than any of the M390 PM2's or Para3's I owned and also sharper than the CTS-204P militaries I own.

Things may look close on paper with these steels but I prefer 20CV.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:44 pm
I have owned both now and have to tell you the 20CV although supposedly close to composition is far sharper than any of the M390 PM2's or Para3's I owned and also sharper than the CTS-204P militaries I own.

Things may look close on paper with these steels but I prefer 20CV.
I agree. I've had better results in use and sharpening with my 20CV Manix 2 than my M390 Para 3. 20CV, for me just gets a bit sharper every time and stays sharper longer. Could be many different factors in that, but that's how it is for me! Haven't tested this PM2 out yet. Still on the fence because of the scales.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

Paul-DLT wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:38 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
so just a question? will these be satin blades or dlc. if it is satin and red g10 with m390. i will be saving my money now.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:46 pm
Paul-DLT wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
so just a question? will these be satin blades or dlc. if it is satin and red g10 with m390. i will be saving my money now.

the red M390 is satin
Paul-DLT

Post by Paul-DLT »

rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:46 pm
Paul-DLT wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
steelcity16 is correct. They will be satin blade.
DLT Trading
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Thats a shame DLC would make a sharp combo